We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

donations of used clothing

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
donations of used clothing

Would a gift of gently used clothing be appreciated by cleaning staff at Sandals?

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: donations of used clothing

Probably not. They would be too afraid they would be accused of stealing it from a guests room. Besides, you really have extra room in your suitcase? wow, I'm impressed. While you are down there you should check out what the Sandals foundation is doing locally and maybe donate. They are really a fantastic organization.

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: donations of used clothing

I disagree. We brought about 20 Spartan polo shirts down with us plus some really cute, hardly worn bathing suits that my daughter outgrew. We gave our evening cleaning lady the suits and a couple of shirts. She was ecstatic! She came by a few days later with a little St. Lucia souvenir that really touched me. She was lovely. We also gave shirts to the Playmakers, and a few others since they aren't allowed tips and they loved them! My hubby is a football coach and these were shirts he had worn for games etc but can't wear anymore because the team color has changed to a darker shade of green.

If you leave them behind you just need to leave a note for them that it is a gift if you don't give it to them directly. And the extra room these took up in our suitcase gave us enough room for the stuff that we brought back (we were allowed 4 free bags so no problem).

I do agree though with pjes that the Sandals foundation seems like a worthwhile cause. They did tie dye t-shirts by the pool on Friday and announced that the proceeds go to the foundation. I asked if 100% went to the foundation and also if 100% of the foundation $$ goes to homeless, kids in need, etc. and they said yes so we got 3 shirts. They came out really great and there were LOTS of people doing it! Only $12 for the shirts too!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: donations of used clothing

there is a charity shop run by ex-pats in vieux fort. all donations of adult or childrens' clothing accepted. the charity is raising funds to help abandoned or abused children.

for further details, contact christine at villa wellness, or the people at the reef beach bar.

pam

Edited: 12 March 2012, 19:21
4. Re: donations of used clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:42