We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito 'pug in' machines

UK
Level Contributor
431 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito 'pug in' machines

We are coming at the end of July (from the UK) and I’m getting prepared to tackle the mosquitoes. I have already got some Mosquito Milk which was recommended on TA a while ago, I’ll let you know how we get on with it. However when we’ve been in Europe we have had ‘plug ins’ with tablets that we replaced each night to kill them off in our room. When I recently looked in my local chemist they seem to have changed a bit and after reading other posts I don’t think you have 2 pin sockets. Has anyone bought something in the UK that I can bring with me? It would be nice to stay bite free.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

I always use a Boots Repel Mosquito Killer, they offer both 2 and 3 pins. Where we stay at Smugglers Cove there are both 2 and 3 pin sockets in rooms, I use a 3 pin.

Hope this helps

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

I have just come back from 2 weeks in Coco Palm. I think you are wise to take the plug ins as the mossies are a problem. I too took the Boots Repel and there were 3 pin plugs in the room so just plugged it straight in and it worked well

The Boots range allow the use of an adaptor too but I did not need that and all of our electrial stuff also needed no adaptation eg camera/phone and i pod charger

Have a great time

Essex
Level Contributor
307 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

Hi Mummmmm,

Hope the mosquito milk works for you as it was me that recommended it, when we were on island in March we didnt suffer a single bite whilst using it..

We do also take a jungle formula plug in and there are both 2 pin and 3 pin plugs in all sandals resorts,(not sure where you are staying), enjoy your holiday, we are back again in August.

UK
Level Contributor
431 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

Thanks for the info. We're staying at The Body so I will contact them to check if they have 2 or 3 pin sockets.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
201 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

WHERE do you get mosquito milk and boots plug ins?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

What is mosquito milK, and who milks the little suckers??

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

The UK. Boots is s drugstore chain there, similar ti Walgreens, CVS, etc. Mosquito Milk I have never seen in the States - you could google it and see if there is a US supplier or order online maybe - or maybe these guys know of a place in the States.

Otherwise - you have Off!, and different brands in the States. Off has the clip on personal repellents - you wear them on a pocket or belt loop and it makes a zone around you of mosquito free. There are also mosquito coils you can burn in the room and plug-ins for the room. Any and all work to varying degrees.

I still stand by Avon's Skin So Soft and Off! Sweat proof spray.

Good luck.

UK
Level Contributor
431 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

I got my mosquito milk from www.chemistdirect.co.uk and looking at the site I think they may deliver to USA. Boots only seem to delivery to UK. However Chemist direct also do a plug in but I'm not sure if it's as good as the Boots one. Once Boots get it back in stock I'll be getting one!

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
566 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

There is a .com version where you can click to see all prices in US$:

directchemist.com/mosquito-milk_v_3401.html

I was thinking about it, but it seems like the 20% DEET is why it is so effective. It also has geranium oil and is a roll on so maybe they contribute to its effectiveness as well. It is $10US for one 50 ml roll on or $25US for three 50 ml roll-ons plus shipping. Or I could pay 5US for about 175 ml for Off deep woods and it is 25% DEET. They also have towelettes which may be similar to a roll-on effect. I have never tried the clip-ons, but have always been skeptical. RP or anyone else, have you ever tried them?

10. Re: Mosquito 'pug in' machines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:40