We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

TN
Level Contributor
231 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

I am planning a 5year anniversary trip to st Lucia. My husband and I love to travel but have never been to st Lucia. Our anniversary is in march.

What we are looking for...we are beach people. Love a nice resort with ammentities.

Our budget for the week not including airfare is ~10K usd. Just started researching and jade mountain looks interesting. We also Open to splitting time ESP if we stay at jade. We have also look at sandals grande the rondoval suites(because we have stayed at other sandals properties)

Any help planning or other suggestions would be appreciated!!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,024 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

10K is a very healthy budget for a week in St. Lucia. You could virtually stay anywhere on the island. For a week, most of us do not recommend splitting your stay, unless it is between resorts within the same area - for example, Jalousie and Jade in Soufriere or the like. With splitting between north and south, you spend virtually 1 whole day doing transfers between your arrival and the time it takes to get to the resort in the north and then moving to the resort in the south, etc. If you were planning to stay longer, then splitting makes more sense.

You can easily do Jade for a week on 10K. If you want different resort experiences, then perhaps a few days at Jalousie and a few days at Jade. Jalousie is more beachfront thn Jade - although you still need the shuttles from the villas up the hillside, it is not as steep as at Jade. Completely different styles of resort - both luxurious, just very different in architecture and style.

The Rondeval Suites at the Grande are wonderful - we've stayed there a few times too. Loved the private pool/jacuzzi and the butler service, etc. The Ai aspect is nice too, although you can add AI packages at both Jade and Jalousie. With the stay at 1, play at al 3 at Sandals, you get a lot more dining and bar options too. Again though -very different atmosphere than the others in Soufriere. Not anywhere near as great of a view, much, much larger resort (300+ rooms to 25-50 rooms), much more activities and such happening all over, etc. So, completely different animal.

Good luck - hope this gives you a little more to think about. There are lots of beautiful resorts on the island.

Enjoy!

TN
Level Contributor
231 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

Thanks for info!! The main reason I was thinking a split is if we stayed at jade I felt like after a couple of days it may be too quiet (no tv, etc) and I wanted something more beachfront.

Excuse my ignorance but are jade and sandals in two different areas?

I will def look into Jaoulsie...Going to do that now :)

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,024 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

Yes, all of the Sandals resorts are in the north of the island - about 1-1.5 hours from the airport and from Soufriere, where the Pitons, etc. are located.

Jade is in Soufriere with the Piton views, etc. about 40-45 minutes from the airport and 1-1.5 hours from the north.

Much easier to do any excursions from Jade or surrounding areas - it is already located where most all tours visit!

Enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

You could combine Jade with Anse Chastanet, which offers breachfront deluxe rooms - AC and Jade Mountain are on the same property so splitting your stay would just be a matter of moving down by the beach, however you may just want to park it at Jalousie for the week. It is a beautiful resort in a fantastic location. You can't go wrong with any of these resorts - each offers a unique, wonderful experience.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

If you are interested in beachfront then Jalousie's brand new beachfront suites are a great option if you want to split it with Jade. The suites at Jade are astounding but, personally, I could only stay there for 2 or 3 nights myself as I would get bored. If you want to go to Sandals then I would look at the Millionaire Suites at the Regency. They aren't beachfront but they are spectacular plus the beach is only down the hill. Then you could visit the Grande.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 22:19
TN
Level Contributor
231 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

I just look at the beachfront at jalousid. They look great! Is there an all inclusive options at jalousie? I was able to find that option at jade but not jalousie.

7. Re: New to st Lucia please help me plan!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia