We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day weather forecast!

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10 day weather forecast!

We go to St Lucia on Tuesday and the official forecasts are for showers for the nexy 10 days!!!Surely not?I'm leaving the UK to get away from this!!lol

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
PA
Level Contributor
815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 day weather forecast!

I saw the same thing we will be there on Easter Sunday till the next and it looks like Weds. is to be the worst 60% but lets not let that get to us lets all go and have a great time sandy from PA

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 day weather forecast!

The forcast for St Lucia always shows showers.

And sure enough it rains almost everyday there. However, it usually only lasts for 2-5 mins and is no big deal. I am sure the local experts will agree.

We were there for 2 weeks and it rained everyday. In those two weeks there was only one day it rained enough to be an issue.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 day weather forecast!

Rain in St Lucia can be very localised - the mountainous interior of the island gets far more rain than the coastal areas. The far north (between Castries and Gros Islet) is particularly dry.

If you want a more optimistic weather forecast, take a look at www.wunderground.com and type in SLU for Castries, and UVF for Vieux Fort.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Castries
Castries
St. Lucia
Gros Islet
Gros Islet
St. Lucia
Vieux Fort
Vieux Fort
St. Lucia
Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 day weather forecast!

Thanks all...i hope you are all right!It's been raining in Scotland all week(surprise?...NOT!),so that forecast was the last thing i wanted to see!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 day weather forecast!

Don't take any notice of the weather forecast, I have learnt over the years not to worry about it. It may rain, known locally as 'liquid sunshine' for a few minutes or so. I was there this year for 4 weeks, some rain during the night and only a few showers one day.

Have fun in the sun.

glasgow
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 day weather forecast!

dont worry we had rain every day in st lucia in july a couple of years ago. Please note most rain lasts for 10 mins to 1 hour and often a lot of it falls during the night. Im sure youll have a great time!!

7. Re: 10 day weather forecast!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia