We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii or st Lucia

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii or st Lucia

We are planning a trip this oct 1-7, debating between Hawaii or st Lucia. Weather will be better in Hawaii but we want the romantic relaxed feel, is the weather a concern in st Lucia during this time?

1. Re: Hawaii or st Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2012, 12:48
Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii or st Lucia

We've been to Maui so I can only compare that to St Lucia.

St Lucia wins hands down! Maui is beautiful but nothing beats the laid back romantic feel - especially if you stay in the Soufriere area.

While Maui is suppose to be the most laid back of all the Hawaiian Islands, just never got the relaxed vibe like being in the Caribbean.

Besides, who can predict the weather!

BC
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii or st Lucia

Sue

I am almost afraid to answer this. Do you want American culture, American crime or a laid back pacific paradise in the south of the Caribbean? If the latter is your choice then choose St Lucia.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii or st Lucia

I've been to both many times. Kauai is most similar to St. Lucia topography and weather wise BUT completely different culturally. Maui (except for the Up Country area) is too busy for me, Waikkiki is New York City on an island, the Big Island (outside of the tourist area of Kona) could be interesting but you need more than a week to cover what it has to offer.

I prefer St. Lucia and its quiet, laid back vibe. The differences between the two places are so significant that I would write a novel to cover them.

5. Re: Hawaii or st Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:16