We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Au Naturel Beach

Regina, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Au Naturel Beach

We are looking for a resort that has a large au naturel beach and even a pool area. We want something that is similar to Couples Negril, but more inclusive. There also needs to be proper dress codes for meals, etc. Not a nudist resort.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,701 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Au Naturel Beach

Nope, not in St. Lucia. Public nudity, etc. is against the law all around the island. There are no nude beaches anywhere. While there are some coves that you could probably get away with it at - there are no resorts on those coves - and they are pretty isolated. If you are on a beach in front of a resort au naturale - they will ask you to put your clothes back on.

Sorry. Will have to check other islands.

Regina, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Au Naturel Beach

Thanks for the info.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,419 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Au Naturel Beach

Try Martinique.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Au Naturel Beach

Unless you can find a hotel very remote you cant even go topless on the beach. Very strange as ladies openly breast feed in the town market.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,701 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Au Naturel Beach

Really, ashtonian Wigan - you would compare a mother feeding her child to someone half naked on the beach? Interesting. Glad our laws don't read that way!

To the OP - i would second nevera - try the French Caribbean islands - Martinique or Guadelupe perhaps. While they may not have AI resorts like other places, they most likely would have clothing optional resorts and beaches. Good luck - most of the other islands have strict nudity laws.

Edited: 01 September 2012, 23:45
6. Re: Au Naturel Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2012, 12:39
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Au Naturel Beach

Sorry Reed Princess, whilst I always look to your authoritive info I think our replies show the difference in European and American culture. Topless bathing in some parts in Europe is certainly no big deal and people on the beach take no notice of others who bare their breasts, nor are they offended. As to breast feeding my point was that some ladies do not seek a private place when feeding which I fully support so why are people offended on the beach. However "when in Rome do as the Romans do and it is the St Lucians island. Perhaps the solution would be that Regina goes to say France, Greece, Croatia or Spain where there are lots of resorts suitable to their needs.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Au Naturel Beach

Ashtonian Wigan - I'm completely with rp. Breast feeding can in no way be compared to sunbathing in the nude or topless. In any case I find other females sagging or otherwise breasts unsightly in public. I'm not offended if the local custom allows it but I think you'll find that many older people in those Europpean countries are rather disapproving of usually Northern Europpean tourists who bare some or all on the beach. I remember being on a fairly deserted beach on a Greek island quite a few years ago. There was a couple of tourists sunbathing nude further down the beach, a Greek couple probably about 40ish came on to the beach to go swimming and the guy had a harpoon in his hand - he went down to the nude sunbathers shouting at them angrily saying they were disrespecting the Greeks and particularly his wife - the nude sunbathers hurriedly gathered some clothing to cover themselves ; ) : )

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
565 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Au Naturel Beach

I am not offended by nude sunbathers, but of course breast feeding is totally different for many reasons. On top of what has already been said, the breast is usually mostly covered. Also, think about where people breast feed, ie a park, a bus, a theater, would it be appropriate to just take all of your clothes off there?

Quick funny story on the topic, I was in Maui and went to a clothes-optional beach that was just on the other side of some rocks from a regular family beach. Everyone seemed to know it was there, but there were no signs or anything. Luckily, I was with a local girl that gave me a warning, but I assume some people get a pretty good shock. It was amazingly normal, just some people (guys and girls) had no tops, some had nothing at all and some were completely covered. Everyone was polite and respectful, no partying or anything unusual other than bare skin. I am a guy and was there just because it had the best body surfing waves at the time, but I had no desire to take my suit off, especially in the pretty big surf. Other body surfers did not seem to take that precaution. On one particularly big wave, it picked me up, flipped me around, and through me towards the shore slamming me down on the beach tangled up with a naked guy. I did not feel especially comfortable at the time, but it still makes me laugh. You shouldn't go naked where it is not appropriate or unwanted, but it doesn't mean it is right or wrong in general. To each their own.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Au Naturel Beach

Bon jou ashtonianWigan,

In the countryside, plenty women go bareback (as we say) while working in the hot sun or walking round their own property or close by.

The woman in the market, most likely working her own stall, is "at home". Why should she leave and miss a single customer?!

Bless up! Paul