We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter ride

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Helicopter ride

Is it worth the helicopter ride from the airport to Sandals? Feedback appreciated.

1. Re: Helicopter ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2012, 12:39
Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter ride

IMO if you're not adverse to the drive time which can be up to 90 minutes depending on which Sandals, the better value is to book a helicopter tour of the island. Usually the cost of transfers is included with a Sandals booking so you'd be paying twice for the same service. And your Sandals shuttle driver will give you a bit of a tour as you go.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter ride

Hi,

Or to finesse gdbears comment put the helicopter cost towards a day trip to the Grenadines

STEVE

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter ride

Go on the helicopter and spend the extra hour at the resort relaxing. All other will be driving and you will already be in the ocean. Just make sure to pack your swimsuit and all necessities in a small carry on. Your luggage will enjoy a drive to the resort by ground

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter ride

If you actually take the helicopter transfer, you actually are being transferred to the northern airport and from there are responsible for getting yourself to whichever Sandals resort you are at - which can cost another $20-$35US. As Sandals provides a free transfer in your vacation package, I would suggest taking that for a land tour of the east coast and if you want the helicopter experience, take the actual helicopter tour offered by the company - it is longer, you see much more and the cost is quite comparable to the transfer.

If you get severely car sick, perhaps the transfer would make sense for that reason. It is a lovely way to see a bit of the island from air and is quick - but is also on a first come, first served basis and you could end up waiting on your transfer for a while. Also - your luggage does not travel with you - it goes by van and can take anywhere from 2-4 hours to get to your hotel, depending on how many stops they have before yours. Your hand luggage does go with you.

Enjoy whichever you choose.

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter ride

Thanks all! Some really great advice!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter ride

We just returned from St Lucia last week. We did the helicopter transfer on arrival for a couple of reasons. We had been up and traveling many hours already. I was not sure I wanted to tackle the ride to the resort as I am prone to get car sick. I had never ridden in a helicopter so mark one off my bucket list. After driving the return trip to the airport for departure, I am glad we did the helicopter. Was it worth the price? Maybe money better spent to take a helicopter tour of the island later. Only you can decide :).

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Helicopter ride

Just curious. What's the cost of a 1 way helicopter transfer?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helicopter ride

According to the web site $145 per person for transfer. I think we paid $ 300 booking thru Sandals

10. Re: Helicopter ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 10:16