We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for a wedding reception

Wilmington, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for a wedding reception

I am planning a wedding in St. Lucia in May. I've just started the researching and I am getting really excited! I'm wanting to have the ceremony with the Piton Mountain view and we will have about 30 guests. I'm wanting to do something unique or different for the reception. I'm thinking the ceremony will be around 2:00pm. I just don't want to have the same kind of reception that I would have back here in the states, I want to do something memorable and fun. Any ideas? Maybe something with the local tradition??? Thanks for any help!!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

How about hiring a Catamaran. You could pick it up at Soufriere docks after the wedding. There are a number of company's who do charter in St Lucia, Endless Summer, Carnival to name a couple. They will be able to arrange music,food and drink for you in a package.A steel band would be fun!

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

I'd second that suggestion, hire a catamaran with steel band and rum punch, and tell guests to wear swimwear under their posh frocks :)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

If you want someone to organise the whole wedding for you, try Kayt at Awesome Caribbean Weddings. They will do all the hard work for you.

4. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2012, 12:34
Edited: 16 September 2012, 12:34
5. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2012, 12:35
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

Mystic Man has sail boats and catamarans for rentals/parties right in Soufriere - would be a bit less expensive than bringing one down from the north and returning it empty.

I would second a boat trip for the reception. I would also second checking with Awesome Caribbean Weddings for coordinating reception details, especially meals, entertainment, etc.

congoman's beach party is a great idea too. If you want to stay on land, consider also La Haut - beautiful B&B on the hill above Soufriere - amazing sunsets, beautiful gardens, stunning views, and excellent food. You could have steel pan and the like also.

Enjoy!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

What great suggestions. Mystic Man is awesome and would be my first choice for a boat reception. Congoman would provide you with a very unique experience that you definitely would not get anywhere else. La Haut's setting is incredible. Can't go wrong with any of those choices. Hard to choose one over another but the boat would probably be my first choice -- even on that trip it would be unique as the Pitons only exist in St. Lucia and you would be sailing right by them. Nice to have such wonderful choices and all located in or close by Soufriere.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

Where will you and your guests be staying?

There are many... very lovely spots to choose from, in and a around Soufriere/ Piton area for a wedding reception.

Personally as a wedding planner here in the states, I'd nic's any idea of a boat ~reception~ in St.Lucia, with 30 guests...!?! Unless your for sure the weather gods are always on your side...;-)

A very, very lovely outing to take your guests on at some point, but... as your wedding reception!?!...you would certainly, also... need to line up an alternative location, that is weather/water conditions permitting.

9. Re: Ideas for a wedding reception

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 10:17