We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

Leicester
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

Hi all.

Now that I've made up my mind for St Lucia being my honeymoon destination in January, all that is left to do is choose the perfect resort that falls within my budget.

I was all hung up on going to a Sandals resort before I got worried about the age range of the guests and the fact that it isn't as intimate as I would like. I then started to look at The BodyHoliday which looks amazing, with the added bonus of a spa treatment everyday. I then started looking at Anse Chastanet and Jalousie Plantation because of all the rave reviews it has been getting.

Can you help in weighing up these options for me with regards to the following..

- Great for Honeymoon

- All Inclusive option preferred

- Plenty of watersports/activities/entertainment included

- Great beach

- Great variation of guests that will suit a 28/27 year old.

My budget is about $6k for 7 nights.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
2,598 Reviews
St. Lucia
Anse Chastanet
Anse Chastanet
1,236 Reviews
St. Lucia
Jalousie Beach
Jalousie Beach
261 Reviews
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,366 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

Given the list of things you have there of what is important to you - I would go with The Body Holiday. It is a great resort, lots and lots of activities both day and night, great food (true AI experience), good beach with a small reef for a bit of snorkeling, top shelf booze, wide range of ages, etc. And the included spa treatment daily is excellent!

Jalousie and Anse Chastenet are wonderful - excellent location, etc. They both offer AI packages. They both have activities during the day, but they are not organized Ai activities - pool or beach volleyball, dance classes, etc - those are not around at AC or Jalousie. And evening entertainment is limited at both. Only a few nights with band or beach BBQ and the like. The location and surroundings can't be beat though- Jalousie right at the base of the Pitons and AC across the bay - simply stunning views. Excellent snorkeling at both of them.

But, again, based on the list of things you have there, I would vote for BodyHoliday. They have so much happening during the day to either join in or not, entertainment every evening along with the late night champagne/piano bar - great fun! And it's a true AI - everything is included except extra spa treatments, tours and a few minor other things.

Sandals also offers a good experience - but personally, we prefer Rendezvous (sister resort to Body Holiday) and Bodyholiday over the Sandals experience. Rendezvous is excellent also - great adults only, AI resort, however not as many activities as BodyHoliday. You can visit Rendezvous for the day form bodyHoliday, similar to Sandals exchange program.

You would not go wrong with any of them - they are all excellent properties. Enjoy - and congrats in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Jalousie Beach
Jalousie Beach
261 Reviews
St. Lucia
Pitons
Pitons
1,642 Reviews
St. Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
2,598 Reviews
St. Lucia
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

Whichever you pick strongly suggest that you go with an adults only resort. for your honeymoon We havent been to St. Lucia yet (first trip scheduled for this November), but have been to many Caribbean resorts. We love the ambiance of an adults only resort. I believe theBody and Sandals are adutl only and the other's you're considering are not.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

If you go for Sandals then I would go for Halcyon, since you mention intimacy.

But I agree with the others, you seem quite excited about the included spa treatments so go BodyHoliday :)

Mentioned in this post
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
2,598 Reviews
St. Lucia
Toronto
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

if you're planning to stay on the resort, BodyHoliday is great. If you're looking for fun things to do and a romantic location, I would seriously consider Jalousie Plantation - unless you're big drinkers, you could get by with the half-board option. The location is incomparable and the region is arguably one of the most exotic and romantic in the Caribbean. Put another way, the location of BodyHoliday is indistinguishable from many other Caribbean islands, whereas Soufriere is quite unique and remarkably beautiful - here are a few shots I've taken - www.photobin.com/gdbear65/grid…

www.photobin.com/gdbear65/grid…

www.photobin.com/gdbear65/grid…

Mentioned in this post
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
2,598 Reviews
St. Lucia
Jalousie Beach
Jalousie Beach
261 Reviews
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Soufriere
Soufriere
St. Lucia
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

Based on your requirements I also would suggest Body Holiday. Lots to do and included in the price. I absolutely LOVE Jalousie but it is a quiet resort with not a lot going on after dinner and guests tend to keep to themselves. However, the setting is incomparable.

Edited: 03 October 2012, 20:49
Mentioned in this post
Jalousie Beach
Jalousie Beach
261 Reviews
St. Lucia
Leicester
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

Thank you SO much for all the replies. Its definitely given me food for thought. It's looking like Sandals isn't even in the run in. And also, the most expensive room for 7 nights at BodyHoliday is costing less than an average room at Sandals.

The only issue I have is the practicality of all the excursions I want to do whilst at BodyHoliday, like the Pitons, zip line adventure, Simon Says tour, drive in volcano etc. Am I worrying for no reason?

Mentioned in this post
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
2,598 Reviews
St. Lucia
Pitons
Pitons
1,642 Reviews
St. Lucia
Toronto
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

With the exception of the ziplines at Rainforest Adventures and Pigeon Island National Park, BodyHoliday puts you a long way from the most popular attractions. Tour operators will pick you up at your hotel. Maybe you should post all you would like to be able to do, then the TA regulars can give you a better idea as how well BodyHoliday suits your plan.

Edited: 04 October 2012, 11:14
Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Island National Park
Pigeon Island National...
1,567 Reviews
St. Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
2,598 Reviews
St. Lucia
St.Lucia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

Why not consider a two centre holiday - start in the North then spend last three nights in the south.... This has become a very popular option these days...

Leicester
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

You know what, I honestly hadn't thought of that option at all!

I'm going to start a new thread to see what ideas I get for a north/south trip.

Thank you so much everyone!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
33 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TheBody, Anse Ch, Jalousie or Sandals- Which for Honeymoon?

We recently went to Jalousie for our honeymoon and like everyone else (read the reviews), had a phenomenal time. Based on your criteria above it would give you everything you're looking for. Based on my knowledge the difference between it and BodyHoliday/Sandals in the north are due mainly to the differences in their location on the island (North: more shops/restaurants, South: more nature activities, beauty), which is why a lot of people do a few days in both. I would have liked to have checked out the north of the island but based upon my experience and everyone else's think jalousie would be hard to beat for a honeymoon experience.

Mentioned in this post
Jalousie Beach
Jalousie Beach
261 Reviews
St. Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
2,598 Reviews
St. Lucia