We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Halycon Questions

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Halycon Questions

Hi

We are headed to Sandals on March 30th and have a few questions.

1) How are the Honeymoon Walkout Rooms - are they updated? Is it quiet? etc?

2) How far is the resort from Castries? Can you take a taxi to go shopping etc?

3) Of all the dining at all 3 Sandals, which one should not be missed? (Though I know Gordons is only for Butler guests)?

Anything else we should know about the resort? We have stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica twice so far, so looking forward to Reunion Week in St Lucia!

Can't wait to be in the sunshine!!!! First trip to St Lucia!!!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,424 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

The City of Castries is about 15 minutes away. You can take the local bus, which you can get right outside the entrance of Halcyon, or you can take a taxi. I would take the bus.

I will say that Gordon's is very good to excellent but I wouldn't pay extra for it. The restaurants many people like to go to are the Japanese and French at La Toc -- I don't particularly care for either one. At the Grande I would go for the seafood buffet night if they still offer it (think it was on Friday night). The spread was outstanding. If you like seafood you will be in your element. Make a trip to Josephine's at the Grande for lunch -- everything is yummy.

Don't know the honeymoon walkout category as I haven't stayed at Halcyon in a very long time and they've changed all the room categories.

kc
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

which night is the seafood buffet we are staying at The Grande in Feb.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

I don't recall it being there for some time now.... didn't have it in Sept.

We have always enjoyed Marios for Italian at Halcyon.

The Pier is very nice also

Josephines for lunch is nice.

We have been hearing a lot of positive about LaToc for dinner

essex
Level Contributor
489 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

I found the pier and Mario's menu repetitive , the menu was the same all week. Was not impressed at all with the food.

Why not try a different hotel. Sandals aren't the only holidays you can book !

West Sussex
Level Contributor
65 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

I have to disagree with jalouisegirl. I have visited various Sandals properties over the years and go back as they are consistent. I have also been with other all inclusives such as the couples resorts.

I have just returned this morning from Sandals Halcyon. We stayed for a week in a ground floor Concierge room overlooking for Paradise (quiet) pool.

I don't know if the room category you are asking for is refurbished as some are not. The thing about many of the rooms at the Halycon is there is a footpath in front so many guests are walking past at all times of the day. So think about what type of room you want from a privacy perspective too. First floor rooms have more privacy.

Restaurants on resort were good although I did not care for Bayside in the evening and avoided this restaurant when they had buffet nights. This is purely personal preference, but having had breakfast and lunch buffet there every day I wanted something different in the evening.

Pier restaurant was great - good seafood and good steak/lamb too. There seems to be 2 menus that alternate. I ateat Mario's twice, from what I could see, they have the same menu all week.

We ate at La Toc French restaurant too. We made reservations and got the 15 min shuttle to La Toc. Good experience too.

I had previously been to Kimonos so didn't do it again. But worth doing it as it is food theatre!

If anyone wants to know anything else please PM me while it's all still fresh in my mind!

Lexington...
Level Contributor
230 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

I too disagree with jalousiegirl. We have been to Halcyon 3 times and love it. I find the Pier and Mario's to be excellent. Also La Toc at the Regency. What does she mean by a repetitive menu? Unless you eat at the same restaurant every night, how could you run out of choices on a given menu? We also enjoyed BAyside's ever changing menu. Just view menus in advance and decide if there is something you would like on a given night. Have a wonderful time!

Essex
Level Contributor
287 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

I totally agree wuth you sprathsay. We are heading back soon for our fifth consecutive visit and we love the Halcyon. It is the perfect place to relax and destress in such beautiful surroundings with fabulous staff who simply cannot do enough for you. The food choices are many and varied we love The Pier as they serve the best fillet steak and seafood anywhere andxwe are very choosey when it comes to food. We have only ever eaten at La Toc at the Regency which was superb and would highly recommend that you try it. Enjoy your stay and go with an open mind you wont be dissapointed.

Lexington...
Level Contributor
230 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

Thanks kchaney. I agree with you 100%.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

Thank you all! Can't wait until march!!!

North Dakota
Level Contributor
546 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Halycon Questions

We've never stayed at Halcyon, but we have gone there for dinner when we stay at the Grande. We have always had good food at Mario's and the Pier. We enjoyed Toscanini's at the Grande, but some items maybe similar at Mario's. For a fun evening and maybe a late snack or a casual dinner try the Pub at the Grande. I have never had them, but I have heard many good comments about the fish and chips (they look good, but I don't eat fish ;)).