We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room categories at Sandals Grande

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Room categories at Sandals Grande

My fiance and I are trying to decide between room categories at the grande for our honeymoon. We've heard that the concierge level isn't worth it, and we don't really have the budget for it. so we are deciding between the 3 most basic rooms, deluxe, premium lagoon, or luxury oceanfront. If you've been there what did you stay in and what did you think? Are all these rooms the same, just with different views? Also, on sandals website it says some oceanfront rooms have a garden view and are on the 1st floor...isn't that the same as the deluxe?

any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

RBW
New York
Level Contributor
110 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room categories at Sandals Grande

My husband and I recently returned from our second trip to the Grande. The first time we stayed in an oceanfront view room. This time we were upgraded to a beachfront room. You are right, some of the oceanfront rooms do have garden views, and some even have views of the parking lot and the main entrance. And yes, you can have an oceanfront view on the first floor. Check the Sandals brochure so you can see what I'm talking about. I requested (and received) an oceanfront room in the Pigeon Island Building on the second floor. This was away from the parking lots and the noise. Some people like the lagoon rooms because you can walk out of your room into the lagoon pool. However, the only floor you would want to be on is the first, so you can actually have direct access to the pool. I don't believe the concierge rooms are worth the extra money. You really don't need liquor in your room because there are so many bars around the hotel. Also, the front desk will make your reservations for you. The concierge has no additional pull to get you a reservation.

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room categories at Sandals Grande

Sorry Junebride, this doesn't answer your question, but I agree 100% that it is not worth the extra money for the Concierge rooms. We stayed at the Regency, but same scenario.

For all the posters who loved their concierge rooms, please do not take offense, we would just rather not spend the extra money for the value. Some people really enjoy the room service and in room bar.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room categories at Sandals Grande

Hi there! My wife and spent our honeymoon here in May of 03 and just loved it. You've made a wonderful choice. We did stay in a concierge room and enjoyed it, but would not do it again. Oh, there are nice little touches like for check in you go to the concierge lounge and are handed a drink and cool towel and personally waited on - nice, but not worth the money.

As for the rooms, the garden view rooms are actually very nice. Beautiful plants and stuff right outside your room. However, our room was on the third floor facing the sea (not ocean, sea) and we adored that. We sat on our balcony and just watched the water and went ahhhh... I'm not sure if there are non-concierge rooms that are on an upper level facing the beach - if so that would be my recommendation.

However, when all is said and done - the idea is to be there. No matter what room you are in you get the same beach, same water, same sun, same restaurants. Know what I mean? Oh, while you are there, definitely order a "No Pressure" - a great drink that is like a combination of a pina colada and a strawberry daquiri in swirls - it's delicious! :-)

Enjoy St Lucia!!!!

-Michael

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room categories at Sandals Grande

I have the same question. Deluxe, Premium, or Luxury Oceanfront?

Also, any advice for which luxury oceanfront bluding or room to request? (we prefer quieter rooms)

Did anyone who did not have concierge service have trouble finding bottled water or non-alcoholic drinks at off-hours?

Thanks!

5. Re: Room categories at Sandals Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia