We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals La Toc

Bradford West...
11 posts
Save Topic
Sandals La Toc

I will be travelling for the first time outside of my home country Canada. We will be staying at Sandals La Toc and obviously very excited!

We have the ocean view two story villa verandah - does anyone have any idea how these building work? I noticed a set of stairs going up to the top with a balcony yet the pictures on the website don't show one? Has anyone stayed in these blue buildings before? Can anyone explain to me what they are like? Bathroom size, bar location, layout etc.

Also- I have never been on an airplane and absolutely terrified! I will be taking Air Canada airbus a319-100. Has anyone been on this flight- or can anyone explain what the flight would be like?

I'm sure the whole plane will be packed with vacationers like myself- should I assume a rowdy flight or an upbeat atmosphere?

Any information would be helpful-

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals La Toc

Bon jou Brandon D,

St. Lucia is a very special romantic or honeymoon (not spring-break style) destination.

Your flight will be filled with very excited newlyweds of all ages and some Lucians headin' home.

Don' worry. Be happy, mon!

Bless up! Paul

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals La Toc

I Just took the flight you're speaking of--came home yesterday from St. Lucia.

The flight is long'ish...but the ride home was quiet and mellow--most folks sleeping or reading/watching movies. The trip to St. Lucia was a bit more upbeat, but it's not a party scene, EVER..(in my experience)

The plane is small compared to others I've been on--about 140 seats if I recall properly...No food is free--bring snacks, or buy it on board...non-alcoholic drinks are complimentary..

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals La Toc

We stayed in "blue building" in December. If you are booked in the two storey you will have a sitting room which has a couch, tv, bar, dining table. There is a set of stairs inside leading up to the bedroom and bathroom. This unit has really nice covered porch. The stairs on the outside are for the unit above you. Its a small room with a bedroom and bathroom only and an uncovered balcony. There was someone staying in the unit above us and we never heard a peep from them. Hope this helps.

Bradford West...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals La Toc

Yes. All these replies are helpful... Thanks

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
779 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals La Toc

Do all the covered porch's / balcony's have a view of the ocean? We are booked for November and thought about either a nice breakfast or evening dinner served by our butler.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals La Toc

You will have an ocean view. We had breakfast on our balcony almost every day. Awesome!

Bradford West...
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals La Toc

Sounds like a good time. Can you tell me what the room service is like? Menu etc

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals La Toc

Large menu for breakfast -- anything you would get at a restaurant. They set your table outside with tablecloth, napkins and everything else. Don't worry about anything it will all be good.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals La Toc

If it makes you feel better, the Airbus is a fly by wire design make several calculations per second to ensure a smooth flight. I am scared to death of flying, but I need to deal with it otherwise I will never get to see the world. Airbus A319 is a nice plane. If you were flying a DC10 McDonald Douglas, then I would be nervous. Those things are like 20-40 years old, and that makes me nervous.

Bradford West...
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals La Toc

I'm loving these responses. Another question regarding food options. What's the seafood like? Any king crab or lobster? Mussels or clams?

Or is this something that changes frequently