We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - choices include

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay - choices include

Well, we are thinking of returning to st lucia in winter 2014. We have been once before in 2011. This time, we are taking the kids so I think it will be a different holiday from what we experienced before. We previously stayed at calabash cove and LOVED it! Our options for our next vacation are:

The landings - not sure if we can afford it, only if there is a special running

Windjammer - I have saw such different reviews here, excellent to average

Royal by Eurex - only in rooms that have been renovated

Cap maison - I wish we could afford but probably not, again, only if they ripen a special

From my research, all of these places will run at least 4000 each for 8 days ( I think the landings is more) plus food. They aren't posting rates this far in advance so I am using December rates and can not assume they will go up

Any advice on any of these? I don't have room doubts at either cap maison or the landi gs but the others I do. We aren't looking for at and want the option of staying o. Property to eat or going into rodney bay to eat

I have been looking at vacation rentals as well and the prices are MUCH more reasonable but we need to have a large pool or at least access to a large pool and I can't seem to f d anything that matches this

Au help is appreciated about the above listed properties - mainly room types, price and food options. Also on facilities. Thanks!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - choices include

I don't know the ages of your kids, but of all those options - Windjammer Landings, hands down. Great rooms or villas, excellent onsite dining at several options, great pools, good beach, lots of entertainment and top notch kids program. Everything you would want for a family vacation, at a high caliber. The resort is very nice with lots of Caribbean vibe - and yet still luxurious ( not 5 star, but a solid 4 star).

it's a very easy drive to/from Rodney Bay for more dining options, etc. Also easy drive into Castries for the craft/food market. Windjammer also has very good in-house tour offerings.

Cap Maison is great, of course,and the Landings is lovely also - but neither has much to offer kids overall; the Landings is much more residential (they have many full time residential folks plus the rentals), and Cap only has the one restaurant plus the distance from) and the steps to the beach.

The Royal is nice - and location is great, walking distance to all) has to offer for beach, dining, etc. No 2 or 3 bedroom suites - for you all to stay together though, and I don't know that it's all been rennovated.

Overall - I think Windjammer would be a great fit.

Enjoy, wherever you decide!

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay - choices include

Id agree with Reedprincess , the Royals great , no 2 or 3 bed suites though and can get a bit boring for the kids, from what you have posted i would say a nice villa at Windjammer ticks all the boxes , always plenty going on there .

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay - choices include

Thanks for the replies. We have narrowed down to the royal or windjammer and we have also have found a landings unit on vrbo a a very reasonable price. We are in talks with the owners and I know people have had good experiences with renting direct but we haven't so I am being cautious. I have out a new question out there about vrbo

I am g,ad to know that both the other properties will suit out needs. Now just to figure out f we want to walk to restaurants or have a larger resort, more entertainment and a cab ride for dinner. Either one seems fine as long as we get another week in st lucia!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay - choices include

Another vote for Windjammer Landing. Perfect for what you are looking for. I wouldn't choose The Landings or The Royal as they don't offer a family nearly as much as Windjammer. However, if you get a great deal on a rental at The Landings then why not. You can also find rentals from owners for Windjammer villas at very reasonable rates. If you are interested in finding out more let me know and I'll send you links and more information.

5. Re: Where to stay - choices include

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia