We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tree frog recording?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tree frog recording?

I was searching online for Caribbean tree frog recordings I could use to create a sound loop for background noise. I found a mention on this website way back in 2009 from st-lucia_enthusiast that spouse had created a 10-minute loop that st-lucia_enthusiast planned to put on mp3. If st-lucia_enthusiast sees this message, did that ever happen? Would you be willing to make it available to another enthusiast...me? I find the sound soothing.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tree frog recording?

Bon jou Soart,

Directly private message St-Lucia_Enthusiast and ask her yourself!

Bless up! Paul

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tree frog recording?

Hi there! Yes I think we have it somewhere. Send me a pm and I will contact you!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tree frog recording?

We have one, too - recorded it a few years back for the same reason (we play it outside sometimes in the evenings here in Houston - especially for the few weeks before and after our annual trip to St Lucia!). PM me if you need it.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tree frog recording?

hi. I got your message and sent you a reply but haven't heard back!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tree frog recording?

Hi. I think I successfully sent PMs to both St-Lucia_Enthusiast and pussuskatus. I hadn't done PMs before, but didn't get an error message, so hopefully it worked. If you didn't receive a message, please let me know. Thanks to both for your offers. I do love that sound: it is among the most soothing sounds on earth to me.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tree frog recording?

I got your message and replied asking you to send my your postal address via Private Message. The file is too big to send via email I think so could send it to you on a CD...

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
130 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tree frog recording?

Longing for balmy summer nights to sit outside listening to the tree frogs - it's a great recording!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tree frog recording?

Thank you Alf! We just need some warm balmy uk evenings now!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tree frog recording?

Alf is right...it is a GREAT recording. Tons of tree frogs, just as I remember. And no other sounds: no distant dogs barking or barely-heard conversations, no cars driving by on adjacent roads.....just frogs, lots of chirping frogs. Ahhhh.......thank you SO much for sharing. My spouse says it makes a body want a rum drink. :-)

Best wishes for all your future travels: may they be frequent, lazily long, and thoroughly refreshing.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tree frog recording?

Thank you!! Currently at East Winds. Weather complete contrast to last week. Now sunny windy and hot. Sitting by the pool with birds and weedeaters forming the soundtrack to my current life. Last week the soundscape was rain. Storms, wind, the clink of cocktail glassss, the sound of crashing waves at The Cliff, Boats passing by at Jacques and the happy sounds of. Families on Father's Day, the Shak Shak music at Windjammer, my violin joining in , the staff laughing at the Jammers bar, the wind through the palm trees on the night of the full moon and Cuban dance rhythms.... A great week was had. to be continued...this week with a different vibe!

Edited: 25 June 2013, 17:10
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia