We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

For my second part of the trip I want to relax in soufriere close to the beach or beach resort for great day time activities and snorkeling . Great creole food is a must

Mèci

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

Then skip Ti Kaye - it is not in Soufriere, it's actually about a 25-30 minute drive or 15-20 minute water taxi.

Anse Chastenet or Stonefield are your best bets. I would probably go with Stonefield - excellent resort, amazing views of Petit Piton, great food, full service resorts with large villas to spread out and easy to access beaches, Soufriere town itself and other dining options as opposed to AC at the end of that bumpy road or a water taxi ride to town. Plus, unless you are high up in the rooms, no views of the Pitons.

From Stonefield, you can walk to Martha's Table for lunch, Piton Falls for a swim, Malgretoute Beach, and a short easy taxi or rental car drive to Jalousie Beach, Soufriere town proper and water taxi over to AC. Mango Tree is also very good.

Enjoy, whichever you choose!

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

Thank you for your reply!

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

Do they offer all inclusive plan?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

They may, but it would be a waste as there are so many great options in the area within a short walk or drive, including fine 5-star gourmet through local street food. With only one restaurant at Stonefield - why limit yourself? You can stock up on snacks, drinks, etc for in the villa and at the beach, etc and then enjoy some great meals around the area: Martha's Tables, Orlandos, Hotel Chocolat, etc.

Enjoy.

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

you`re right thanks again

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

Where can I buy fresh seafood or cooked ? Is it where happen the fish fry?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

You can buy fresh caught fish direct from the fishermen at the fisheries complex in Soufriere, Choisel, Laborie, or pretty much any village around the island, along with fresh/frozen fish at the different grocery stores. Most all restaurants around the area have fresh seafood on their menus.

Guildford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

For me Anse Chastanet every every time! – True it’s a bumpy ride but $5 for a water taxi is far more fun when you want to get out and about – but when you have your own natural beach – sorry 2 natural beaches, loads of different dining options including vegetarian and Indian, all the activities you can think of including spa, free yoga, diving, snorkelling, water sports, mountain biking – you don’t have to escape! Most of the rooms have Piton views and those on the hill that haven’t have got fantastic views over the forest and out to sea. And for me why would I want to go on holiday to cook? I just love to be spoiled!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

Stonefield is awesome but isn't on the beach. They do offer a daily shuttle to either Sugar Beach or Anse Chastanet. Anse Chastanet is definitely another option and has two separate and lovely beaches. The road you drive to access the resort is horrendous so the taxi fares cost more. As the prices for taxis are New York City prices that is a deterrent for me, but maybe not for you. Really just more difficult and time consuming to leave the resort should you wish to do things off property. You can always get a water taxi as an option to a land taxi and they may not be much more from that location.

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stonefield , anse chastanet or tikaye? Help

So there is no beach closer than those two near stonefield?