We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay?

Sunderland, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay?

I am hitting a milestone birthday next year and would love to know where to stay in St. Lucia for an unforgetable holiday with my husband. We first would like an all inclusive stay,near or on the beach as we love to lie in the sun, good food,to have some pampering at a spa,within walking distance of some shopping/eating/drinking places and where we can mix with the locals. Also when is the best time to visit the island weather wise as we are coming from England and would like to be as dry as possible! Our buget is reasonable as if it is worth it we don't mind the cost. Please help and any suggestions will be welcomed.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay?

for a remarkable and unforgettable vacation experience, you should stay in the Soufriere area, unfortunately with the exception of 1 small resort, Hummingbird, accommodations aren't within walking distance of town. I suggest looking at Sugar Beach and Anse Chastanet - both are amazing, unique resorts. This site provides some excellent information about the region as well as a comprehensive listing of accommodations - http://www.soufrierefoundation.org

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay?

I looked into Calabash Cove and really loved it. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of our budget range. If you're okay with the cost, look into that. Though it seems to be secluded and a bit out of town, but I think a taxi ride can get you to downtown or what not. Good luck and have a fun trip bday trip!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay?

Where you stay may depend on your budget and who you travel with. You will probably have to travel to London for a connection, I stayed at The Rendevous for my wifes 50th which I would highly recomend and there is also the sister hotel, both of which should tick most of your boxes. As for weather the rainy season starts in June so maybe before easter or at the end of the year would suit you. Unfortunately the more "out of this world" the holiday is the more it costs

Texas
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay?

If I had to one opportunity to visit St Lucia and I had the money, I would stay at Sugar Beach. Beaufiful view of Gros Piton on the beach, snorkeling in a fish aquarium right off the beach and a first class resort.

Anse Chasenet is gourgous as well, but the view and snorkeling aren't as good. (those tend to things I am interested in).

Not sure what the options for AI are at the variuos places.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
749 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay?

If the spa is your number one priority it has to be the Body holiday, don't know how this will fit in with your other requests though.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,424 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay?

If you want included spa treatments then Body Holiday would be a good choice. If you want pure luxury with a marvelous spa, unreal setting, good food and movie star qualities then Sugar Beach.

7. Re: where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:17