We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food markets in St. Ljucia

Atlanta Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Food markets in St. Ljucia

Does anyone know where a food market is so we can stock the fridge. We are staying at Marigot Bay. We are interested in getting fresh fish, milk, bread, sandwich items, breakfast food. Any suggestions?

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food markets in St. Ljucia

Depending on which airport you're coming into, you could pick up some groceries on your way to Marigot. If you're coming into Hewanorrah, there's a Super Js in Vieux Fort -- not far from the airport. If coming into Vigie, there are Super Js at Gablewoods Mall which is a few miles north of the airport or one in Castries center which you'll have to pass through. Or take another day and go into Castries to stock up. Best fresh fish is in Castries outside markets.

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
62 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food markets in St. Ljucia

We stopped at Vieux Fort first thing after leaving the airport. We went to Super J's there. They had no milk, only powdered. After being there a week and going to grocery stores all over the island, you will see a huge difference between Super J's depending where it is located. The most "Americanized" ones are near Rodney Bay. Even the main ones in Castries don't have things like we are used to in the US. If you are renting a car I would suggest waiting until after you check-in and then drive to Castries to the grocery. If you are going by taxi, depending on the time you are arriving, you might have to go to Viex Fort to get you by the first night or so. If you went through Oasis Marigot in booking your room they offer to buy enough things for you to get you by the first day, but that will cost you a little more. If you want more detailed information on this I will be glad to talk to you by phone or email. This was a big issue for us before our trip and maybe I can help. My email is spuckett@simaging.net -- Good Luck!

Atlanta Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food markets in St. Ljucia

will drop you a email at your email address. We are not going until the end of July so there is plenty of time.

Thanks

4. Re: Food markets in St. Ljucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 04:19