We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Nov 4-10 2013

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon Nov 4-10 2013

Hello,

Looking for some opinions on what would make a spectacular honeymoon for my future wife!! While on the island I want to visit Pigeon Island and the fort, hike the Tet Paul Nature trail, try scuba diving once, the trip to Anse L'lvrogne with tribute to the lion looks like a lot of fun and rest of the time relaxing on the beach/pool. Would like our villa to have a plunge pool, preferably private. No wish to rent a car and have already purchased our plane tickets so have a budget of $4000 remaining. I felt that I had made up my mind on where to stay but I continue to come up with new ideas. I have come up with four options for staying on the island that should allow us to experience the island and allow us to relax and enjoy each other. Any suggestions, thoughts or opinions are welcome. Thoughts on how to mix and match some it are more than welcome. Want to see as much as we can without feeling rushed and having to move all of our stuff from one place to the next. On vacations I usually like to find a place and stay there all week.

Option 1. Stay three nights in Soufriere, preferably Stonefied then take a water taxi on fourth day to Rodney Bay and stay at most likely Bay Gardens. Then take helicopter to airport on last day.

Option 2: Stay all six nights in Soufriere, preferably Stonefield, just hate that we will not be able to walk straight out onto a beach at anytime. My fiance loves laying on the beach soaking up the sun!!

Option 3: Stay six nights in Marigot Bay. Based on price of villas at Oasis Marigot and location. Able to take day trip via sailboat down to Soufriere and north to Rodney Bay two different days and go scuba diving one.

Option 4: Doing the sail and stay offered by Oasis Marigot or at least a version of it. Maybe changing where we would stay, but increases the price significantly.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Shane

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Nov 4-10 2013

Given what you state you both would like to do, I'd go for option one. It's usually a drag to split a stay but moving from Stonefield to Bay Gardens by boat will be really romantic and a lovely trip. You can dive while you're at Stonefield and get a water taxi to take you snorkeling at Anse Cochon. You can also see Marigot and the Pitons.

There are lovely restaurants in the Rodney Bay Area and the helicopter trip to the airport when you're departing will be a dramatic end to a spectacular honeymoon!!

Brilliant planning IMHO!!! ;~>

Happy Honeymooning!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Nov 4-10 2013

I would go to Bay Gardens first then take a boat up to Stonefield. You will be closer to the airport and Stonefield is so spectacular a setting that going to Bay Gardens last will be a let down. Save the best for last.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Nov 4-10 2013

Bon jou Shane B,

Stay ALL 6 nights at one of Stonefield's villas or closer to the beach at Anse Chastenet (?).

Take a land taxi tour to Castries, preferably on Friday morning, for...

St. Lucia Helicopter's South Island Tour option (out of George FL Charles Airport (SLU).

Then, that afternoon, visit Castries' Central Farmer's Market & Crafts Arcade, Pigeon Island & in the evening the Gros Islet Junp-Up - or on your return South - the Anse La Raye's Fish Fryday.

Bless up! Paul

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Nov 4-10 2013

Hey Shane,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! ... Sorry I'm not sure from your message if the wedding has happened already.

My three cents would be that if you'd like to do the helicopter going back home then you need to spend your final days in the north of the island as you can only get the helicopter from Soufriere if you are staying at Anse Chastanet or Jade Mountain.

I fly in the helicopter quite often on aerial photography assignments and posted a airport helicopter transfer review inside this post just the other day: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1931394-i22435-k6…

Hope you find

Edited: 24 June 2013, 03:54
5. Re: Honeymoon Nov 4-10 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 07:18