We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucia experts I need your help!!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
St Lucia experts I need your help!!

After much deliberation I think we have chosen the island of St Lucia to get married.

We will be travelling with my young son who will be nearly 2. Are we better choosing an AI option or is it reasonably priced to eat out? How suitable are the bars resturants for a toddler & are they're plenty about?

we want a good standard of accomodation but have a budget of £6500 inc wedding if staying AI or £4500 RO or B&B inc wedding. Will we be able to find somewhere nice within this price bracket.

Finally we are thinking of travelling in early February 2015 so unable to speak to TO just ye , is february a good month to visit?.

Thanks in advance.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

Hi

February is an excellent month to travel. It will be hot and reasonably dry. There is always some rain in St Lucia but it won't cause you any problems.

Bars and restaurants are very good with toddlers so your 2 yo will be well looked after

Eating out is not cheap and therefore the cheapest option for you would prob be AI, and using the hotels wedding package.

You don't say how many nights you budget is to cover and also does it cover just the hotel or airfare as well. I am assuming the budget covers all 3 of you.

If you can let us know more about the budget I am sure we can help more

STEVE

Sheffield
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

Sorry. Yes the budget is to include all 3 of us. However we will be travelling just before toddler is 2 so he will be classed as an infant. We're wanting 14 nights inc airfare.

So for an AI option we would be looking to spend around £6500 all in but many wedding packages are free & then take around £1500 spending money. For trips, bits, occasional meals out etc. we can therefore be flexible for the right hotel.

We were looking at the bay garden beach resort but they don't do AI.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

Hi,

I know the BGBR very well, have stayed there 6 times. It is a great hotel.

They do do AI and also it can be done within your budget (just) see below

It would be cheaper to go to one of the big AI hotels such as Smugglers or Morgan Bay so you might like to check prices.

Re BGBR I am baseing this on 2014 prices, but 2015 will be +/- the same. Also previous history suggests that if you delay booking until say Sept 2014 you will get a better price (and prob free breakfast included) I know with a wedding that is not easy but think about it. February is at the end of the high season and availability will not be a problem. Trust me !

Anyway for Feb 14 you can get a room pool view room (garden view are cheaper) for USD 232 plus 18% tax/service so that is USD 3833 (or GBP 2555) for the hotel. If you want AI they charge USD120 pp per day so that is £2240 making the total hotel spend c £4800. I would strongly recommend that you don't do AI because in Rodney Bay there are loads of places you can eat and drink at all sorts of prices and tremendous variety. And the USD 120 pppd will more than cover that unless you are going to drink absolute bucketfuls.

So hotel will be £4800 (either AI or spending the AI money in RB). Add £1400 for flights. That leaves £300 for the wedding which I think just about covers the basic costs. If you want loads of extras such as flowers, musicians etc you will struggle and that is where Smugglers/Morgan Bay may be better. But remember I think you will end up paying less for BGBR if you hold out for an offer.

I know that BGBR will be great for you and I would recommend that you keep an eye on their web site and the internet generally for good offers. Virgin and BA both offer good deals on a flight/hotel package. And Expedia re hotel only.

Hope that helps

steve

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
43 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

hi daisy

A wedding does not be so expensive.

You can stay in a BB,even in the south which offers great value and book a wedding on the beach,on pigeon island,in a church.I would stay away from the resorts.A guest house will not cost you more than 100 us,which will leave with enuff money to splurge on your big day.

Congratulations!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

February is a great month to visit with temperatures akin to a good English Summer. STEVE's advice is sound and there are plenty of restaurants to look at in Rodney Bay. Bay Gardens Beach Resort is a good place. Down South is beautiful and you are near the eco sites. However I am not sure how many tours you will want to do with a two year old. If you are prepared to use a car look st Villa Beach cottages too...

Sheffield
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

Thanks for all the advice. We may hire a car however we want to be in a resort for the ease of the wedding etc. trips wise we thiught a boat trip etc and maybe an early visit to the street party as well as looking round the island, sights of interest shopping etc. will this not be possible with our little one.

We have also considered Antuiga do you think that will be more suited. I'm happy o lay on the beach however my OH likes a few days out & about

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

Would you consider staying at a villa? If you picked one near Rodney Bay, let's say, you would be close enough to the supermarkets and restaurants in Rodney Bay. Then you could do breakfasts and some dinners at home and eat out for the rest of the time. You could even have one of the island's marriage officers come in to perform your wedding

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

Are you looking at a beach wedding? You can marry more or less anywhere in st lucia provided you have a license and the registrar is willing....I have done it twice...once on a boat under the pitons and once on a plantation...is it just the three of you?

9. Re: St Lucia experts I need your help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 07:24