We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SLU airport check in times

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
SLU airport check in times

Hi

We will be taking a flight from St Lucia to Barbados next April and have the choice of 3 - 06.55, 16.10 or 21.10 departure.

My preference is actually the 1st flight of the day......ok so I know it's early but that way we'll be in Barbados for 08.00 and have the whole day there instead, whereas if we take the middle flight (which I guess most people would do) then I kind of think we'll probably waste a day as won't be able to relax in St Lucia and by the time we get to Barbados the sun will be setting.

So I'm swinging towards having a very early start but at least having a "useable" day if that makes sense.

Has anyone taken any of these flights? Is the SLU airport less busy at any of those times? If we took the 06.55 flight, what time should we aim to arrive at SLU for check-in? I know the LIAT website says 2hrs before but is that really necessary (from anyone who's actually taken that flight)?

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SLU airport check in times

Hi

I have done SLU/Barbados on Liat before. I agree with you and would take the early flight.

SLU is never busy and as long as you are at SLU 1 hour before you will be ok. To be honest you can prob get away with 30mins but I wouldn't like to recommend that

STEVE

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SLU airport check in times

Hi Steve

Thanks for the quick reply - that's what I was hoping to hear....

I'm not one for getting there 2-3hrs before.....can't think of anything worse than hanging around an airport.

Cheers

Andy

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SLU airport check in times

Bon jou art200380,

SLU is located in Castries on Vigie Beach.

If arriving early for your flight (or waiting because of a delay) you can cross the road, swim and eat & drink at the food stand...

Bless up! Paul

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SLU airport check in times

Also, if Liat are late, or cancel you have the chance to get the later flight. 1 hour checking should be ok.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SLU airport check in times

Thanks everyone - we'll aim to get there about 1hr before.

I didn't realise the smaller airport was so close to Castries and the beach! Thanks Paul.

Andy

6. Re: SLU airport check in times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:19