We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag do help

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Stag do help

We're attending a wedding at Coconut Bay in April and I've been tasked with organising a mini stag do on the island.

Its a small wedding so there's only going to be 7 guys but I'd like to organise something for a morning or afternoon away from the hotel.

I was thinking either of hiring a cat/sailboat for half a day to take us up the West coast or maybe a minibus up to Rodney Bay and then hire some jetskis for an hour or maybe a speedboat for 3hrs so we can all go water skiing/wake boarding.

Would something like that be possible at Rodney Bay or is there somewhere else we should be heading? I want to get it organised in advance so does anyone have any contact details for a watersports company in Rodney Bay?

Thanks in advance!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag do help

Several options available.

You could do a deep sea fishing trip or a sightseeing trip right out of Vieux Fort with Captain Ricky and go up along the south west coast. He can stock beer, etc for you for the trip. You can stop at the grocery store on the way for snacks and other booze options if you want.

There is the zipline course and ATVing about 30 minutes north in Dennery. Could be fun to do the challenge course and ATV through the mangroves and along the beach.

You could do a boy's beach trip to Maria Islands (islands across from C-Bay) and have a private beach party and hiking. Must go through the St. Lucia National Trust. Great outing!

If jet-ski/waterskiing is the choice, Rodney Bay is where you need to go. 1.5 hours north of C-Bay. Jet skis are available up and down the beach - not sure if you could get 7 at the same time, but there's at least 4, so you could share or double up. Saluna Watersports is located right on the beach in RB if you wanted some type of boat trip.

Have a great time!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag do help

Bon jou art200380,

You will be located on one of the best-rated beaches in the Caribbean for wind & waves and The Reef Kite & Wind Surf Center is a 15 min walk south from Coconut Bay along Anse des Sables/Sandy Beach...

OR

Hire a land taxi to Soufriére and charter a sailboat for the day from Mystic Man.

OR

Conquer the Gros Piton...

Bless up! Paul

@ reedprincess... Maria Islands Nature Reserve is suited more to a quiet reflective time than a stag beach party, no?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag do help

It would depend on the type of stag party Congomon. As the poster mentioned a small group, then hiking and private beach with their guide could be in order. Stag party doesn't have to be a drunken do, just a get together of the guys enjoying nature.

Personally, we like MI for private beach outings, of course always respecting the environment and natural beauty. Quiet contemplation - sure, sometimes, same could be said of the Pitons, beaches around the island, hiking, etc. Friends recently shot a music video over at the MIs, showcasing the natural beauty of the islands, and with Trust advisors on site the whole time. Was that not appropriate then, by your standards? The islands are there to be enjoyed and explored, while always being respectful of the environment, the endangered species and surroundings. Just my opinion, of course. It could be a good fit for the poster, groom and their few other friends.

There are many other options, as both you and I have offered, plus more we we probably havn't even thought of yet!

Edited: 23 September 2013, 03:48
Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag do help

Plenty visitors read these posts for ideas, reedprincess, not only the OP (who asked about renting speedboat, jetskis, waterskis, wakeboard).

You do know, of course, how hard it is for Looshans, even the most environmentally aware, to say "No, this is not allowed." especially when cash is offered.

And, you must also be aware, that the very small un-inhabited Maria Islands (the home and breeding grounds of several rare & unique species of plants, birds, lizards, snakes) are already beginning to show traces of human abuse (off track plants & nests disturbed, campfires, uncollected trash, etc...) as is, unfortunately, the summit of the Gros Piton, many Nature Trails and beaches...

Bless! Paul

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag do help

yes, Congomon, I am aware that our natural resources are not being valued and taken care of as they should be. I am also pretty darn sure that this is not due to visitors, who often show much more respect to our environment than our fellow Looshans. The vast majority of damage being done to our country is being done by ourselves - by those who do not respect the environment or the safeguards and guidelines in place and rather visit our landmarks without guides and despoil them with garbage and such. It is not visitors (the vast majority of the time) who are damaging our nation, it is ourselves.

Yes, the OP asked about boat rides and jet-skiing, as possibilities. I was making him aware of other possibilities. And, as always, was very clear, if Maria Islands appealed, that they would need to go through the Trust as that's the only legal way to visit them.

The islands are a national treasure, as are the Pitons, and should be treasured and safeguarded - absolutely. That doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed, responsibly. Same goes for the Pitons - hiking them should still continue even in light of the despoilment by litterers and those who go off-path and damage the hillsides. Or else we close them off completely and prosecute trespassers. We have to find a way to enjoy our national treasures and protect them too - and that starts with us, respecting our heritage and land.

All the best Congomon - you know we are on the same page here!!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag do help

Thanks for the replies, you've given me some good for thought here.

I was planning a water-based trip.

Last time we visited staying at the island (we stayed at Jalousie Plantation) we hired a small water taxi right on the beach to take the 2 of us up to Castries where the driver waited in the docks for an hour or so whilst we had a look round, then took us on the return journey back to Jalousie.

I was thinking of maybe something similar but instead of going in to Castries, to continue up to Rodney Bay and call there for an hour so we could snorkel and maybe have lunch before heading back.

I don't think that water taxi would have been big enough for 7 guys, so we'd need a bigger boat but in theory would a boat be able to collect us from the beach at CB and make a similar trip? Or would we have to taxi to somewhere on the West coast to meet a boat to then take us up?

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag do help

Hi,

I am sure you will be able to find a boat big enough for 7, it will just be a few more £££s

As you will be a bit tight on time I suggest you book in advance as much as you can and Saluna Sports as recommended by reedprincess will organise that for you. You might as well get them to quote for the transport as well but with them being in the north that may not be cost effective but worth a try.

If you wanted a semi private beach try Pigeon Island just 10 mins further north from RB. 2 good bars and a local restaurant and Saluna could organise your watersports over there. Also there is some snorkelling at PI but very little at RB

If you want any more info re RB etc please just ask

STEVE

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag do help

For a water taxi, art200380, big enough for all of you (and a couple more) check out Moby Dick based in Soufriére on the public jetty and on the beach at Anse Chastenet.

You can ask for his contact info Soufriére Marine Management Area (SMMA)...

758 459 5500

OR

smma@candw.lc

That way you will have a north-south tour of the Caribbean coastline including breathtaking views of The Pitons from the sea.

Bless! Paul

9. Re: Stag do help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 September 2013, 17:01
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag do help

Thanks Paul - I'll email them this morning and see if I can get his contact details - that may just do the trick so long as it's big enough for all of us!

I'd guess a water taxi may give us more flexibility for spontaneous stops etc.

Thanks for the help everyone!