We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from St Lucia to Martinique

English expat in...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry from St Lucia to Martinique

Hello,

I am going on a sailing trip round the Grenadines late November/ early December) and currently we are looking at finishing in St Lucia. Our flights will be leaving from Martinique so we need a way of getting from St Lucia to Martinique. I've looked online and it looks like there is a semi-regular ferry, L'Express des Iles, but I am concerned as to how reliable it is. Would it be completely tempting fate to aim to get a ferry on the same day as our (late evening) flight? I have seen other companies online, but the latest information I seem to find is that they have ceased trading.

Are there any other ways (we don't want to fly) of getting to Martinique from St Lucia?

Many thanks for your advice!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from St Lucia to Martinique

Bon jou juturna,

L'Expres des Isles is reliable. Take the ferry the day before your scheduled flight and visit Martinique or 1st ferry out on the day of your flight.

Bless up! Paul

PS: If you are sailing north to St. Lucia from SVG remember that it's against the wind & current...

2. Re: Ferry from St Lucia to Martinique

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 05:17