We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in St. Lucia in October

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in St. Lucia in October

We are thinking about honeymooning at Jade Mountain in the beginning of October and are a little worried about the weather. I'm learning that it's St. Lucia's rain/hurricane season, but so many people say that they typically miss the hurricane's and it doesn't rain much - confusing!Anyone have experience with the weather in early October?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in St. Lucia in October

Please read the "Top Questions" at the top right hand are of this forums page - the weather question is #1!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
787 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in St. Lucia in October

St. Lucia is located farther south than a lot of the Caribbean, so Hurricanes usually go north of St. Lucia. As far as rainy season. We were there the 2nd week of September. And it rained for 15 minutes or so maybe 2 - 3 days while we were there. Also, just because its raining on the island, doesn't mean it will be raining where you are. Why Jade Mountain?

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in St. Lucia in October

Well its october now, and very hot. We had a lot of rain and heavy showers last week. Lets just say October can be unpredictable, but more than likely wetter than the rest of the year.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in St. Lucia in October

Hi,

October is called the Hurricane season for a reason, there are sometimes hurricanes. Yes the chances of them are fairly low but it is the most common period when one might happen. And if it does (or even it's little brother a Tropical Storm) they are pretty severe. And October is normally one of the wetter months anyway

My personal view on it is that if I could only travel to St Lucia in October I would take the risk but if I had a choice I would miss mid Sept to early Nov. I also think I would not go in October at all for something as important as a honeymoon.

STEVE

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in St. Lucia in October

Hi,

October is called the Hurricane season for a reason, there are sometimes hurricanes. Yes the chances of them are fairly low but it is the most common period when one might happen. And if it does (or even it's little brother a Tropical Storm) they are pretty severe. And October is normally one of the wetter months anyway

My personal view on it is that if I could only travel to St Lucia in October I would take the risk but if I had a choice I would miss mid Sept to early Nov. I also think I would not go in October at all for something as important as a honeymoon.

STEVE

6. Re: Weather in St. Lucia in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:18