We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to know the "best" taxi/guide to book for excursions?

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
154 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
How to know the "best" taxi/guide to book for excursions?

I have been researching but the trip is coming fast and want to make it as awesome as possible-I am thinking hiring a private taxi to take my husband, 2 adult sons and myself for 3 days to different parts of the island with a day in between to relax at the Coconut Bay Resort will be the best way to see the top things on the island. Question is, how to know who will be the right person to hire? I would love to know ahead of time I have someone lined up and don't want to go with an organized tour full of other people. Can someone steer me in the direction of someone they have personal knowledge of who would show a nice midwestern family their beautiful island? I always rely on TA for my trips and have never been disappointed so thank you in advance!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to know the "best" taxi/guide to book for excursions?

Bon jou sunshinegirl1964,

Contact friendly & motivated island-insider John, a land taxi owner-operator based in the South, to get to know St. Lucia from another perspective.

Email your question to him at Sweet_shannel@hotmail.com and see what he can do for you.

Or call him at 758 454 6508 or 718 4314

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 29 October 2013, 19:29
Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
154 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to know the "best" taxi/guide to book for excursions?

Thank you congoman! I was hoping you or one of the other helpful insiders would guide me! I really do appreciate your help on this site!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to know the "best" taxi/guide to book for excursions?

We always use Kimbert at www.phvtours.com He is an awesome guide and a great driver. His pricing is very fair and he is prompt, courteous and reliable. Highly recommend.

4. Re: How to know the "best" taxi/guide to book for excursions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 04:16