We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pierrot vs Marigot Bay villa rental?

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Pierrot vs Marigot Bay villa rental?

A person could go crazy trying to figure out the best location to stay in St. Lucia! I have sent inquiries on villas near Pierrot and also Marigot Bay so far. The distance to Soufriere looks similar (not taking into account the water taxi). Hubby and I (52) will be doing day trips, and flying Delta so either airport will work for us. Budget for 5 nights of lodging - would like to stay between $750 and $1200. We have not been to St. Lucia before, and not interested in AI. I like the idea of being able to prepare light meals, but I'm not totally against a hotel. Am I overlooking a better option for lodging? And, is Pierrot too far "from the action?" Lastly, is AC a must? My hubby likes to keep busy, thus the day trips.

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pierrot vs Marigot Bay villa rental?

Location wise -- Villa Pierrot is in Vieux Fort which is in the far southern end of the island (near Hewanorrah airport where you will come in ). Marigot Bay is more in the middle part of the island and makes more sense for touring as it's pretty much equidistant from either the north or south of the island.

Re. AC, usually it is not necessary -- what time of year are you traveling?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pierrot vs Marigot Bay villa rental?

Bon jou tk4books,

Best place to stay on island is in Soufriere... the heart of The Pitons World Heritage Site. Walking distance or short drive to beaches, sites & attractions.

Checkout Still Beach House, Hummingbird Resort, Downtown Hotel, Leisure Inn...

Marigot Bay is a yacht/mega-yacht center with a very small beach.

Coco View Villa is located in Pierrot, Vieux Fort, in the hills high above Vieux Fort and Anse des Sables/Sandy Beach...

Bless up! Paul

Peaks Island, Maine
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pierrot vs Marigot Bay villa rental?

If you are looking for a nice place to rent, for two people, that is more central to Soufriere, I suggest you check out Treehouse I or II. These properties are nice because they are both close to Soufriere town and also the Anse Chastanet resort.

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pierrot vs Marigot Bay villa rental?

Thanks to all for the great comments. I will continue to search.

5. Re: Pierrot vs Marigot Bay villa rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 06:18