We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach resort or rental? (avoiding all inclusive)

Caledonia MI
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach resort or rental? (avoiding all inclusive)

My fiance and I are planning to spend our honeymoon in St Lucia, so excited!

We are planning to spend a few nights in Soufriere and would like to spend a few beachfront. We want to have a variety of dining options, so we are trying to avoid AIs. We are planning to rent a car but would like there to be a small village/town with dining options not too far of a drive (like less than 20 minutes, closer to 10 preferable).

Would like to be under $400/night, we are going in August so rates might be cheaper. We don't have a huge preference between a rental or a hotel.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach resort or rental? (avoiding all inclusive)

Try Stonefield Estate in Soufriere - could be a perfect fit. It is an all villa hotel, so you get all the perks of both! Many of the villas have private pools, there is the community pool, stunning views of the Pitons, excellent restaurant on site along with loads of both high end and local eats within anywhere from a walk to short drive, short walk to the beach, and easy drive to several other beaches, and did I mention the stunning views??

Soufriere is home to the Pitons, snorkeling & diving, waterfalls, hiking, mountain biking, plantation tours, mountain biking, volcano & mud baths, botanical gardens, mineral baths, ziplining, and more! I'm sure you will find most everything you could want in the area. You are also near to Choisel and Laborie, 15-30 minutes respectively, with lots of local spots all in between. Soufriere does offer some great artisans, local eats, etc. Sounds like a good fit.

Congrats in advance, have a great trip.

2. Re: Beach resort or rental? (avoiding all inclusive)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia