We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling/scuba advice

westfield, nj
Level Contributor
165 posts
304 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling/scuba advice

I am a dedicated snorkeler (time in water much more important to me than music or liquor) and inexperienced diver stopping here for one day on an NCL cruise. I will greatly appreciate advice on whether there are are very good snorkeling or diving opportunities here; whether you need a tour or can snorkel from a beach; and whether other attractions are more unique and I should get my water activities in elsewhere.

thanks!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

The Pitons are one of the main attractions and the snorkelling at that part of the island is good. It depends what other islands are on your itinary.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

Bon jou DSM14,

Two of the best snorkel spots on St. Lucia are within The Pitons World Heritage Site in Soufriere...

Malgretoute Beach located at the NW foot of the Petit Piton. Snorkel for hours and then enjoy a Creole Lunch at Benny's Harmony Bar & Restaurant (reservations required)... www.harmonyyachtservices.com/restaurant.html

OR

Anse L'Ivrogne/Sevoigne located at the SW foot of the Gros Piton. Snorkel for hours over the wild Marine Reserve reefs and then enjoy an authentic Carib Beach BBQ at our base Zion Lion Farm (reservations required)... http://www.trbutetothelion.blogspot.com

Bless up! Paul

westfield, nj
Level Contributor
165 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

Thanks very much

westfield, nj
Level Contributor
165 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

Thanks very much. The islands I have not been to are St. Kitts, St. Lucia and Barbados.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

Irie, DSM14,

Then best you plan on snorkeling in St. Lucia...

Blessings! Paul

westfield, nj
Level Contributor
165 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

Thanks very much. Happy new year.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

Corrected link to, Paul's Zion Lion Farm

…blogspot.com/p/zion-lion-farm.html

westfield, nj
Level Contributor
165 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

Thanks. I found it and am waiting to hear back

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

DSM14

I'd also suggest, considering a shore/beach dive , from one of the locations/resorts that offers, cruise guests this opportunity. For the avid Snorkeler IMHO snorkeling is fair to good, can be very good, if you do some free diving. Yet... IMO, the beach/shore dives in St.Lucia near the Pitons are excellent, and not to be missed! You will also have time to snorkel in the adjacent Marine reserve too.

Optimal locations, being up close to see the Pitons, check out Anse Chastenet / Scuba St.Lucia, and Sugar Beach Viceroy resort, between the Pitons. (they also offer Snuba),

No Piton view, yet closer to the cruise docks, is Ti Kaye resort/Island Divers

www.tikaye.com/diving/island-divers-rates/

westfield, nj
Level Contributor
165 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkeling/scuba advice

Thanks very much. How do you get to Anse Chasenet from the cruise dock?