We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving

Highland, Maryland
7 posts
Save Topic
Scuba Diving

Hi all,

This is my first post! I've always found tripadvisor so helpful so thanks in advance.

I'm planning my honeymoon for October 2014 and my fiance and I like to scuba dive. We don't plan on making this a diving trip but would like to get a few dives in. We've only been on 2 diving trips so far so still consider ourselves new to diving. Our first trip was to Belize and our second was to Grand Cayman.

I'm considering Iyanola and I'm trying to find information on Scuba St Lucia but every time I type it in the search bar I just get posts about scuba in St Lucia and I don't feel like sifting through 80 pages of results to see if this dive operator is mentioned.

We loved our dive experience in Grand Cayman through Living the Dream Divers, if any of you are familiar with them do you know if there is a operator with similar service in St. Lucia? Basically what I liked from them was how attentive they were, the small groups (sometimes we were the only ones but never more than 6 others), and the fact that they get your equipment ready for you. Not that I can't be self sufficient but it is nice to know that someone more experienced than I is setting up my equipment and then I can check it myself as well, plus on a honeymoon I just think it would be nice to get a little extra pampering :-) We had like them so much we went from an initial 3 day dive package to adding on another 5 days! We've already been warned that the diving may not be as great as the other two places we went but I kind of feel like the only bad dive is one where we don't get wet :-)

If you have any suggestions of a good dive operator please share!

Thanks

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving

Bon jou HokieVet2010,

Where are you staying? Most of the dive spots are located in the southwest around The Pitons World Heritage Site and Marine Reserves...

Best diving is with Chester at www.aadivers.org in Soufriere... he grew up diving in the area, small group/individual dives, personal attention, priority on safety...

Otherwise... www.scubastlucia.com, www.divefairhelen.com, www.scubastevesdiving.com, www.easterncaribbeandivingstlucia.com

Bless up! Paul

Highland, Maryland
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving

Haven't got as far as lodging :-) You can see where my priorities are! So I guess I'm flexible, we may even split our stay between two places as we hope to go for 2 weeks. Thanks!

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba Diving

We've used Scuba Steve out of Rodney Bay twice that Paul mentioned above. First time was last May for certification check out dives and our first "real" dive (Lesleen M, planned wreck dive, 65 feet). Then we just got back from a quick Christmas trip where we did the Lesleen again (not great visibility partially due to the recent weather but mainly due to an inconsiderate yacht parking and using thrusters way too close to the dive site), and Fairlyland at Anse Chastenet which had good visibility.

We had 10-12 divers on the boat in May, and 4 crew (3 went in the water and the captain) but May seems to be more on the "edge" of the season". Last Friday we had 16 divers on the boat, 2 groups of 8 went into the water with 1 guide each - but sounds Christmas is a little busier with cruise ship traffic.

We basically set up our own gear this time, but they would do it for you if that's what you wanted/needed.

Unfortunately I can't give a comparison to any other shops, since Steve's is the only real dive shop we've used but let me know if you have any additional questions I can help answer while it's still fresh in memory. :-)

4. Re: Scuba Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:17