We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

New York City, New...
11 posts
Save Topic
Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

Hi all,

I've been reading through the posts on this forum, and I'm getting really excited for my upcoming St Lucia honeymoon! I was thinking of splitting the time between st lucia and somewhere else, but I'm stuck as to where. St Lucia looks amazing, but I know it's not known for its beaches, and (for better or worse) I'd like to get some turquoise waters and white sand in on this vaca in addition to exploring all that st lucia has to offer. My question is this: are there any larger (16+ passenger) planes that fly directly between st lucia and other carribean islands, without laying over in Miami or San Juan? We took a tiny (8 pass) plane from vieques to San Juan, and hubby doesn't want to ride such a small plane again. Also, we both get kind of seasick, so would like to avoid long ferry rides. I've looked around at several of the local airlines, but can't tell the size of the plane from the websites.

Many thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

LIAT flies between the islands, with many daily flights to Barbados, along with Grenada, etc., and connections through Barbados to many other islands. Larger than 16 passenger planes for sure - 40 passenger I think. You can check their website for all the options. They are a fairly notorious airline for missed connections, cancelled flights and delayed flights (along with lost luggage), but they will get you there eventually.

Alternatively, direct between St. Lucia and Trinidad on BA, then ferry to Tobago for beautiful beaches.

Enjoy your visit.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

Barbados has some beautiful beaches and it isn't difficult to get there from St. Lucia. I would choose Barbados as my option for an alternate island as it has an entirely different vibe than St. Lucia, fabulous food and it's really easy to get around, too.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
New York City, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

Thanks, this is so helpful! Im really scared of the bugs in St. Lucia now, after reading other posts in this Forum. I know it probably sounds wussy, but I have had really bad luck with no see ums and mozzies and Im worried ill get bit all over and be uncomfortable the whole trip :(

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

Take precautions: good bug spray, burn some citronella candles in your room (or the coils, so no open flame), spray your room when you leave, don't leave windows/doors open if they don't have screens, have lightweight long sleeves/pants at sunrise/sunset when they are most active, and have a good after bite treatment (tea tree oil is excellent, etc). You'll be fine - mozzies and the like are impossible to avoid in the tropics, all you can do is be prepared!

Enjoy your trip, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

BA also fles between St Lucia and Grenada twice a week - we're considering a 2 island holiday taking in both.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

If I had to split my honeymoon between 2 different islands and was looking for white sand beaches, I'd do Anguilla at the back end of your trip. Anguilla has some of the most dazzling white sand beaches in the Caribbean. You'll be closer to home, and they have world class restaurants. It's a quiet simple island and you can take a boat as most of us do from St. Maarten which is a lovely way to start a holiday there.

Barbados is nice but Anguilla is really much more chill and populated than it is.

http://ivisitanguilla.com/

Anguilla's tag line is , "Tranquility Wrapped in Blue"! Cap Juluca, CuisinArt or Viceroy are all great honeymoon resorts. Viceroy is offering a complimentary 5 night.

http://www.capjuluca.com/

viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/en/…

www.cuisinartresort.com/index.php?catID=33

St. John's Caneel Bay is also amazing! You should post your question on the "Caribbean" forum where you'll get broader feedback from people who travel through the entire region.

Happy Planning & may your honeymoon destinations exceed your expectations! ;~>

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
772 Reviews
St. John
7. Re: Splitting time between St. Lucia and ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 07:18