We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandles Grande in 2 weeks

Omaha, Nebraska
1 post
Save Topic
Sandles Grande in 2 weeks

My husband and I will be staying that the Sandles Grande in 2 weeks and will be there for 9 days and am looking for some tips I've read lots of reviews on where to eat but wondered if anyone took advantage of the shuttle to the other 2 resorts, Halycon and La Toc.

-Is it worth making a shuttle for a day to the other sites, what to do there and how is the golfing at La Toc.

-We plan on taking the PADI open water scuba class. My husband is certified but I am not. Any suggestions from people that have taken it? How is the scuba here?

-Is the candle light dinner on the beach for the additional charge worth it?

-Recommend excursions through the resort or finding off resort sites? Which excursions are a must?

-Any other must do/must know things?

Appreciate any advice from past Grande travelers! Thanks!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandles Grande in 2 weeks

the scuba there is excellent the take guest to the best site on the island at the base of the pitons ,there is candlelight dinner on the beach and it is worth it .

a trip to Soufriere is a must do ,

this part of the island is the most breathtaking and naturally beautiful

home to the driving volcano , superman falls botanical gardens ' you can take a walk on the wild to the Edmond Rainforest for bird watching of for the refreshing waterfalls you must hike the pitons

also you must try the friday night street party in the north of st lucia

the hotel offer excursion

you can book your private tours with locals companies so as to spread the benefits to the people which am sure they will appreciate ..

check out (Eco Adventure tours) https://www.facebook.com/Ecoadventuretours

email: ecotours.slu.adventure@gmail.com

they offer a wide range of excursions suit to fit your every need while you are on the island

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandles Grande in 2 weeks

101JessieP,

Have you or will you be doing the (possible) on-line portion of the Open Water Diver certification? If not I'd highly recommend doing this portion before your arrival. Will you both being doing the Open Water Diver certification, you said your husband is certified already?

Things to keep in mind...

Space available and times for everything is limited, depending on the amount of guests that may be diving and snorkelers at Sandals your week? It is a must to sign up as soon as possible, for any course you may choose and then for dives!

As John mentioned, the hot spot dive sites, near the Pitons...... from Sandals this is typically the 2 tank dives, you must already be certified in order to participate in any two tank dives. The days that Sandals bring divers to the Piton dive sites is very limited.

Resort course and or Non certified divers cannot accompany certified divers on the 2 tank dives.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandles Grande in 2 weeks

101Jessie...it is well worth taking the complimentary shuttles to the other 2 Sandals. You will have full exchange privileges and so have full use of all the amenities. We've spent the day at Halcyon and we've also spent an evening there for dinner...also have been to La Toc a couple of times but plan to explore it further on our trip in a few weeks. With the stay-at-one, play-at-three, you have great bang for your dollar!

Be sure to take some excursions...whether you book through Island Routes or hire an external driver/tour company....to see this beautiful island. Usually Island Routes will be more expensive, so best to compare prices prior to your trip.

Only you can decide if a candlelight dinner on the beach is worth it (it's not something we spend the $$ on...would rather use the dollars for excursions) and keep in mind that if you've booked a butler room, you can always arrange for your butler to provide a candlelight dinner on your balcony or patio.

SGSL is our 2nd favourite of ALL Sandals....we love it there!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandles Grande in 2 weeks

Shuttling to the other 2 Sandals is a must. Great to add more to the vacation :) We only went to Sandals Grande from Halcyon- wish we had gone earlier in the day as to hike pigeon pointe before it closed.

Excursions- Land and Sea tour is great. Our entire group of 13 did it and loved it. My husband and I also hiked the Gros Piton, which we were ecstatic about completing. We used Spencer Ambrose Tours- they were great! www.spencerambrose.com

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandles Grande in 2 weeks

We did the candlelight supper on the beach and really enjoyed it! Very romantic! We thought it was worth it!

6. Re: Sandles Grande in 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:22