We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat guide / water taxi needed

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Boat guide / water taxi needed

Some of the villas I've enquired about have their own available private 'man with a boat' to take you around the coastline.

Has anyone any contacts for these?

Thought it would be a good way to get around some of the time, other than taxi or car rental, during our family Summer 3 week stay coming up in August...

Thanks

...from rainy Leeds...

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat guide / water taxi needed

Bon jou LeedsMumOf4,

Depending on where you stay - Windjammer's Landing or Marigot Bay - the same independant boat boys or water taxi owner-operators that the villas employ, also wait on rotation on the beaches or docks and are available for hire.

Israel King in Rodney Bay...

Captain Daniel or Lucius in Soufriere...

We, also, offer round-trip World Heritage Coast Cruises out of Soufriere and from/to as far north as Marigot Bay...

Bless up! Paul

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat guide / water taxi needed

Thanks Congoman !

Just as a guide, what s a good price for a from Windjammer to, say, Marigot Bay, and how long would it take, compared with a road taxi, do you think?

Ontario
Level Contributor
639 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat guide / water taxi needed

I would be interested to know if there is a list of water taxi fares that one could access . I'm interested in jalouise beach to marigot bay, Castries and even farther north. Anyone have an ideas to cost range?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,702 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat guide / water taxi needed

Here's a list of rates courtesy of Congomon: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147342-i247-k6016…

You can also message Congomon for rates from specific points. He's a licensed operator.

Enjoy your trip.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat guide / water taxi needed

Irie, LeedsMumOf4,

Rodney Bay to Marigot Bay straight shot +/- 15 mins (bigger boat/bigger engine = faster).

Over land +/- 40 mins (depending on traffic)...

Big up! Paul

@ reedprincess... mesi for supplying fare info & recommendation!

Edited: 07 February 2014, 17:26
Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat guide / water taxi needed

Better to email me at zionlionfarm@gmail.com...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat guide / water taxi needed

Have emailed you Congoma, thanks

8. Re: Boat guide / water taxi needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20