We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Sugar Beach (Luxury Cottage, Food)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions about Sugar Beach (Luxury Cottage, Food)

Friends,

Let me start by saying thanks in advance for any and all replies, this site has been an invaluable resource for planning my honeymoon.

I am planning to stay at Sugar Beach 11/23/14-11/29/14. I was looking at the Luxury Cottages.

Question #1: Which luxury cottage(s) are the best? Are the views of the Pitons best, or the "sparkling waters of Anse des Pitons" as the website describes the other option? Any general recommendations for which luxury cottage to request?

Question #2: We were thinking about doing the Modified/Half Board Meal Plan (Breakfast and Dinner). It's an extra $860 per person total for those 6 nights (which works out to about $71 per meal per person). Is that overpriced? Is the Half Board plan worth it? If there are plenty of restaurants in the area that are easy to get too (fiance gets grumpy when she's hungry!) we would definitely want to try those, but it was my impression that Soufriere had less options than Castries. Did anyone get tired of just eating the all-inclusive food?

Question #3: Is it best to book daily activities in advance (say months or weeks), or simply do it the day or two before through the hotel?

Thanks again everyone, and sorry if these questions have all been asked before!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Sugar Beach (Luxury Cottage, Food)

we stayed for 14 nts on AI and never got bored. Of course you can go and eat out every night but by the time you have made the bookings, got taxis both ways, its a lot of trouble to go to and taxis aint cheap back and forth. The food at Sugar beach is excellent. Activities... book a day or two in advance and hire a jeep to see the sights for a couple of days.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Sugar Beach (Luxury Cottage, Food)

The food at Sugar Beach is very good. As stated above, by the time you get a taxi to take you to a restaurant and return plus the cost of food you eat out it is very pricey and makes $71 look reasonable. So for convenience sake you could do half board. We just did the breakfast option and ate dinner at the resort on a pay as you go and found it to be the most economical that way but if you don't want to think about the cost then half board will work. By doing the dinner option on our own we not only saved money over half board but were able to go off resort to eat as well a night or two.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Sugar Beach (Luxury Cottage, Food)

First of all, Sugar Beach is a wonderful choice for a honeymoon. The views and the setting are stunning. We did not opt to go all inclusive or half board and in hindsight, I wish we had. As Paul and Nevera have pointed out, you need to get taxis to go to restaurants close by. If you do go with a meal plan, you can still budget for one or two meals off property. (E.g. take a water taxi to Anse Chastanet for lunch, take a taxi to Dashneene for dinner) if you feel you need some variety. In terms of villa choices, the higher up, the closer you are to the spa and the views are better. But all the villas have stunning views of the Pitons. Enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Sugar Beach (Luxury Cottage, Food)

Thanks for the fantastic advice everyone!

5. Re: Questions about Sugar Beach (Luxury Cottage, Food)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:17