We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!! Itinerary for 2 weeks late June/early July (w/kids)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Help!! Itinerary for 2 weeks late June/early July (w/kids)

Hi Everyone-

Looking for suggestions for a sample itinerary for our group. There will be 11 of us, of which 8 are adults and 3 are children (ages 5, 8, and 10). The adults range from early mid 20s (4), mid 30s(2), and 60s(2); all family.

We don't have to be doing all the stuff together. When we thought we were going to Costa Rica we found a sample itinerary someone had posted for others and it was awesome! Something like that would be great!!

My main confusion is that SO many of the tours seem very similar! If they are all offering the same stuff, which to choose?

We'd like to privately charter a boat to go out for at least 1 day. Other thoughts are the rainforest canopy tour, zip lining, Pitons, hot springs/mud bath, trip around the island, and rum tour. Possibly interested in ATV tour or horseback riding. Looking to know which is the best out of these ideas or if there is something not to miss/off the beaten path. I really love sun and snorkeling but some in our group are less sun friendly.

Is the fish fry kid friendly? Restaurants to not miss around Gros Islet? Our last vacation was in Marco Island Fla and we loved the waterfront restuarants/bars there.

We are staying in a villa up around Cap Estate, Gros Islet and should have a driver. Suggestions on private taxi service if needed?

Thanks in advance!!

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!! Itinerary for 2 weeks late June/early July (w/kids)

Hi,

All of the island tours are near enough the same itinery. With 11 people you could do a lot of tailoring ie pick your own itiniery.

For the boat trip the kids may enjoy the Pirate Day which is essentially the same route/itiniery as the others but a pirate adventure on the boat eg dressing up, sword fights, water pistols, walking the plank etc. Our kids loved it

I would stick with 1 tour company and tell them what you want for the fortnight and with11 people you should be able to get a good discount. We always use www.serenitytvl.com they are good and reliable and have a good web site. I suggest you look at it and ping them an email, but no reason why you shouldn't shop around all the operators will be keen for your business esp in June/July which is a quiet time. We have done June/July the last 3 years (and returning early June this year)

A good private taxi with a nice van big enough for you all is Isaac on I_Louisy@yahoo.com or 1758 714 5380. Again there are others

Restaurants around Cap Estate:

Pigeon Island is a must for a day out. Very close and its Jambe de Bois café/restaurant is very local and very good and very good with kids(the whole of St Lucia is good with kids)

I have not been there yet but The Naked Fisherman is new and getting great reports. It is on Cap Estate at the Cap Maison hotel.

Otherwise it is Rodney Bay which is 10 mins by car. Have a look at Delirius and Spinnakers. Also Key Largo a Pizza place. All have wide menus with something for the kids. For more "adult" dining look at La Terrasse, Froggie Jacques and Buzz. There is also the shopping mall with a food court for lots of good local food with plenty of variety inc a subway and burger king and a dominoes very close if you need that for the kids

That should get you going, hopefully bothers will chip in

STEVE

Edited: 13 May 2014, 00:38
Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!! Itinerary for 2 weeks late June/early July (w/kids)

Hi,

All of the island tours are near enough the same itinery. With 11 people you could do a lot of tailoring ie pick your own itiniery.

For the boat trip the kids may enjoy the Pirate Day which is essentially the same route/itiniery as the others but a pirate adventure on the boat eg dressing up, sword fights, water pistols, walking the plank etc. Our kids loved it

I would stick with 1 tour company and tell them what you want for the week and with11 people you should be able to get a good discount. We always use www.serenitytvl.com they are good and reliable and have a good web site. I suggest you look at it and ping them an email, but no reason why you shouldn't shop around all the operators will be keen for your business esp in June/July which is a quiet time. We have done June/July the last 3 years (and returning early June this year)

A good private taxi with a nice van big enough for you all is Isaac on I_Louisy@yahoo.com or 1758 714 5380. Again there are others

Restaurants around Cap Estate:

Pigeon Island is a must for a day out. Very close and its Jambe de Bois café/restaurant is very local and very good and very good with kids(the whole of St Lucia is good with kids)

I have not been there yet but The Naked Fisherman is new and getting great reports. It is on Cap Estate at the Cap Maison hotel.

Otherwise it is Rodney Bay which is 10 mins by car. Have a look at Delirius and Spinnakers. Also Key Largo a Pizza place. All have wide menus with something for the kids. For more "adult" dining look at La Terrasse, Froggie Jacques and Buzz. There is also the shopping mall with a food court for lots of good local food with plenty of variety inc a subway and burger king and a dominoes very close if you need that for the kids

That should get you going, hopefully bothers will chip in

STEVE

Edited: 13 May 2014, 00:40
Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!! Itinerary for 2 weeks late June/early July (w/kids)

Bon jou ChristinaD77,

Why take a tour?

If the villa has a driver then the driver has a vehicle (& possibly a minivan) for your group and would be available for...

A private Round-Island Tour following your schedule & itinerary

A private tour south to Soufriere, heart of The Pitons World Heritage Site, and the Gros Piton Nature Trail. the Tet Paul Trail, Drive-In Volcano & Sulpher Springs (Black Mud), Hotel Chocolat's Bean-to-Bar Cocoa Plantation Tour, Diamond Botanical Gardens & Waterfall, etc...

A private afternoon/evening tour to Marigot Bay, St. Lucia Distiller's Rhythm of Rum Tour (Roseau) and Anse La Raye's Fish Frydays (family-style, kid-friendly)

A private tour to Dennery on the East Atlantic Coast to Treetop Adventure Park for Rainforest Canopy Tour & Ziplines, ATV Tour in Micoud and/or Horseback Riding in Vieux Fort

Charter Exodus www.exodusstlucia.com in Rodney Bay for a snorkeling cruise to The Pitons

If your group requires an additional vehicle contact land taxi owner/operator Cecilia at celia_127@hotmail.com

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 13 May 2014, 00:48
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!! Itinerary for 2 weeks late June/early July (w/kids)

Great, and thanks so much! Just the kinda info I was looking for and love the restaurant suggestions. Already checked them out on yelp/tripadvisor etc.

5. Re: Help!! Itinerary for 2 weeks late June/early July (w/kids)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17