We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining for a special occasion

coventry
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
dining for a special occasion

Hi

We are going to st lucia in November and will be dining out for a special occasion, we cannot decide between The Coal Pot and The Edge both sound good, can anyone advise.

Many Thanks

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dining for a special occasion

That's a difficult one! Both are lovely & the food is excellent in both. So it really is a case of personal choice. The Edge is more 'nouvelle cuisine-ish' with small portions beautifully presented, while The Coal Pot is probably simpler food but beautifully cooked.

As it's a special occasion it probably won't matter, but if you are staying in Rodney Bay The Coal Pot will be a US$25 taxi fare each way, adds a fair bit to your overall bill.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: dining for a special occasion

Bon jou CoventryCatz,

Neither.

For a very special day & night hire a water taxi from East Winds Inn to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa on Anse Cochon, a +/- 30 min exhilarating round-trip cruise for USD 150 located just south of Marigot Bay.

For off-beach snorkel/scuba and a couple's massage at the excellent Kai Koko Spa (http://www.tikaye.com/kai-koko-spa)...

Then enjoy delicious vegetarian/vegan entrees at the open-air Kai Manje restaurant on a cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea (tikaye.com/Kai%20Manje%20sample%20menu.pdf) plus the island's largest wine selection at Ti Kave (tikaye.com/food-beverage/wine-the-wine-cellar)...

Before returning to EWI by moonlight.

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 12 June 2014, 05:38
Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining for a special occasion

Hi,

I would strongly recommend that you have a look at the Rain Forest Hideaway in Marigot Bay. For a special occasion IMO it beats the ones you mention hands down

STEVE

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dining for a special occasion

If you are trying to decide between The Edge and The Coalpot, then it suggests to me that you are staying in or around Rodney Bay. If that is so, then as much as I like Rain Forest Hideaway, I find that the drive to Marigot Bay is too far for dinner.

Of the two you mention, I would choose The Edge every time.

However, in my opinion the best restaurant in and around Rodney Bay for a special occasion is The Cliff, at Cap Maison. The food is excellent, but the setting sets it apart. It is overlooking the Caribbean, with views south to Pigeon Island, and north to Martinique. When it is dark you can see the lights of Martinique.

5. Re: dining for a special occasion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:17