We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

long island
Level Contributor
301 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

Just a heads up that there are some pretty good fares right now out of JFK to UVF mid week in February (maybe other times too) as low as $430 RT. I had booked a flight already in July & got a price alert that the price had dropped. By the way as of 8/14/14 JetBlue now only offers travel vouchers if the price drops within 2 weeks after purchase, not after that as they had in the past.

Peaks Island, Maine
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

Good deals are to be had! I've found fares with American going as low as $375 RT for late summer travel going from Boston to SL. There are some really good hotel deals on the island as well, such as very nice places to stay for $100 per night. That's great for the travel budget!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

Yes, keithjwaz, plenty deals available...

Tripadvisor's Fare Watcher shows even lower round-trip fares from Denver USD 240 (almost every month) on United or AA. Late-night departure, one-stop, no layover, 2-3 hrs between flights, next day arrival in the afternoon, +/- 18 hr travel time...

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 16 August 2014, 19:04
Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

I called in for a price reduction credit to JB the other day and was surprised to hear about the change in their policy. They have always credited any $$ amount reduction into your Jet Blue bank account, which you have a year to use. Now with the new policy, you have two weeks from booking if the price drops (any amount) to receive the difference into your JB bank account for free. After the two weeks, there is a fee of $75, so it's not worth calling in for the reduction unless the price drop is more than $75. However, any flights booked before midnight on 08/14/2014 are grandfathered and can continue to get the price reduction of any amount. All price reduction credits go into your JB bank account - not back on your credit card. I've got three separate JB flights booked, all booked pre-08/14, so I will continue to watch those prices.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

JetBlue's infroducing NON-stop Sat. morning flights Boston to UVF starting Nov. 1st

Peaks Island, Maine
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

Flowers, do you know if this will be a new route that Jet Blue will continue to run all year (even during the low season) or will this just be a route that they offer during the high season, such as Nov. through April?

Thanks.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

No, keth sorry...I have no idea.

Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
183 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

We found a fantastic deal for Coco Palm in February so we booked the hotel. But airfare is really high from Chicago. We are about 3 hours from Milwaukee or Chicago. Any cooments on what a flight should cost us from the Midwest? Right now flights are running between $800-$1000 per person. Yikes. But we really want to try St Lucia so we're hoping rates go down.

Peaks Island, Maine
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

Airfares just run high in the high season, unfortunately, because of the demand. That's when the airlines make their money. During the non-peak travel time you can find much better deals, sometimes even in the $400+ RT (and even a bit less) if you are lucky. Sometimes booking your flight too early can end up costing you a bit more than if you book a little later. Of course, you do run the risk of having the fare go up even more or the flights selling out. I once booked a trip for the off season many months in advance and paid $600. A few months later I had to change the dates of the trip slightly and the price went down to a little less than $400. It's kind of a guessing game as you never know how the demand will change.

One technique is to hold off booking your flight right away and use a "Fare Watcher" service to see if the rates go down in the short term. Being flexible about the days you travel on can really help also--mid-week vs. a Friday or Saturday, etc.

Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
183 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

We would consider $650-700 to be resonable. So we're gonna do a fare watch and see what happens. Our booking is free cancellation so if we don't find anything we can cancel.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: JetBlue fares mid-week from JFK February

Jakemidwest,

I use ITA matrix airfare seach by google (can't live without it now :-)

You might play around with your dates or range of dates, put all airports will consider.

This will give you some idea of what the price ranges are at this time.

times, dates, lay over times, airline options, etc.

If your dates are flexible you should be able to find flights under $600.

Edited: 19 August 2014, 00:31
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia