We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

I was wondering what type of tours people have been on through Sandals and whether or not it is better to book a tour through Sandals or try to book on your own? Any reccomendations on private tours?

We would definitely like to check out the Southern part of the island, including the Pitons and rainforest around the Soufrierre region.

One thing we have seen a little bit is the Soufriere Adventure Cruise -can anyone describe what it is? The Sandals website is not very descriptive.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

I stayed at the Sandals Grande last year, took the Soufriere Adventure Sail AND booked it through Sandals. It's the BEST bang for the buck and you won't get a better deal booking on your own because when you add in the taxi transfers, it comes out virtually the same.

You will depart Sandals and go to Castries where you will board a 65-foot catamaran and set sail to the southern end of the island (Soufriere). Once in Soufriere, you get off the catamaran and get on a bus (sizes vary) and head up the Pitons to check out the volcano (walking tour), botanical gardens and diamond falls (walking tour), then off to lunch at a local restaurant, then back on the catamaran. You will sail north for about 30 minutes or so, then stop for a 45-minute swimming/snorkeling excursion (awesome!) then get back on. They bring out the rum punch and beer, turn up the music and it's a very enjoyable sail back to Castries.

It's an all day adventure so be sure not to book early dinner reservations to go anywhere that same day. Other tip: book the FIRST day of the week this is offered (normally 2 days per week). If you have to cancel/reschedule, at least you'll have 1 more day to get it in.

You can also do the Land and Sea tour which is virtually the same. The ONLY difference is that the first half - going down to Soufriere - is done by shuttle van. We chose the sail both ways.

Lastly, keep in mind that when you get back on the catamaran after touring Pitons, etc., you will be hooking up with people from the Land and Sea tour so you may not get your favorite seat on the way back and it may also feel a bit more crowded. It's still awesome and I highly recommend it.

Enjoy!!

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

We did this tour last month, and it's how sleepy described it. Although the 'walking tours' are gentle strolls less than a mile. You also get a nice buffet lunch in with great views of Soufriere and the Pitons. There is unlimited free booze on board, but stay clear of the rum punch until on the way back.

The same company also do a evening sunset party cruise which was excellent. Loads of booze, food and great music, and I was 'well oiled' by the time we got off!!!

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

We did the sunset cruise (a/k/a booze cruise) too!! One more thing I forgot to mention - there is a professional photographer aboard the trips (the adventure sail and the sunset cruise, as well as just about everywhere you go Sandals related) and they are always eager to get your picture. We got some great pics of us on the sunset cruise and just dining at the restaurants.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

I didn't stay at Sandals, but there were a lot of Sandals people on my Land and Sea tour last week, so I assume that the tour operator (Carnival) serves Sandals as well as other resorts. I picked the Land and Sea tour because I wanted to see a little more of the country, and I was a little afraid I might get seasick on the boat. So, the only differences compared to the Adve nture Sail was that my trip started by bus in Rodney Bay. After a couple of hotel pickups, we drove through Castries, had short (10 minute or so) stops at Marigot Bay, Anse La Raye (I think, it was one of the fishing villages), and a couple of quick stops on the road for pictures at scenic points. From there, I think the stops were the same - volcano, botanical gardens, and buffet lunch with a great view. We then took the bus to the catamaran for the trip back north. I'm glad I did the land part, but the boat was great too. Overall, I thought this was a fantastic trip!

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

Thanks for the good feedback. Sounds like the adventure cruise is the thing to do for sure!

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

Does anybody know what days of the week this tour is offered? I have been unsuccessful in trying to contact Sandals via email (it basically returns my email saying their mailbox is full).

Thanks

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

Looking at the Tour and Excursions booklet..

Tuesdays to Saturdays, leaves at 8:05am returns aprox. 4:30, $98USD pp

sgltours@sgl.sandals.com (tour desk at the Grande)

We have done this cruise 3x and enjoyed each time!

Enjoy!

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

Try calling "Paul" at Sandals Grande at 1-800-327-1991 ext 4401 from 10-6 Eastern Time..he may be able to help with the tours.

Austin
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

I was reading a review here on the Regency, and someone mentioned "Joe's Private tours" or Joe's private taxi. Anyone have any expierence with them? The reviewer said he took them to alot of cool local spots

(note: it might not have been "Joe's", but someother guys name, sorry lol)

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours from Sandals -Soufriere Adventure Cruise

My 1 compliant about the Soufriere tour was the tour of diamond falls/botanical gardens....way too many people per tour guide. We couldn't hear the guide from the middle of the pack anf I felt like I was in a herd of cattle being proded through quickly.