We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Big Stone Gap...
13 posts
Save Topic
Regency La Toc Honeymoon

We will be arriving for our honeymoon on Monday September 25th, 2017 at the Sandals Regency La Toc. We will be staying for a week. I have a couple questions....

For those of you that have been, was it a good experience? We are staying Sunset Bluff Oceanfront Villa with Pool and Butler Service.

Also, was curious if there are any others on here who will be at the resort at the same time?

And one last question, my soon-to-be wife has a Brazilian type bikini bottom she would like to wear (not quite a thong, but not full coverage either), are these acceptable at the resort and on the beach? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sandals Regency La Toc
Sandals Regency La Toc
7,810 Reviews
St. Lucia
30 replies to this topic
Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Congrats on your wedding 1st off. Its been a few years since we were there but we had a great time. We had the 2 storey butler room while there. If you have never had butler service before with Sandals you will enjoy. Although they try to anticipate all your needs, don't be afraid to guide them with even basic requests. When we were their they would reserve loungers for us each day but we didn't know ahead of time as to their location. We would get our own and then find out later they had reserved. No biggie though. Just communicate with them. They all want to do a good job and create a wonderful experience for you.

Do take the free shuttle over to the Grande for at least a partial day. Its very different.

Big Stone Gap...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like we are staying in the same villa you did. And thanks for the butler tips. We have never had that service and we are looking forward to it.

We also are going to attend the "white party" at least, and maybe some of the other get togethers as well.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

I'm sure they still do but when we were their they had a " street " party on the Friday night. All cooking was done outdoors, tables set up to mingle with other guests, local entertainment.

You will not offend the butlers if you tell them specific requests - last trip we had a nice patio so we asked that lunch be brought their each day. My wife like rum and coke and not too much the " drink of the day " so that's what they brought each time whether at the beach or pool. If you prefer to eat at a certain time ( either early or late ) let them know so they can arrange for you.

Big Stone Gap...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Great tips thanks so much. Anything is helpful as I've never been on a trip like this before. I am really looking forward to this.

Any clue about the bikini question for my wife? Like I said in the earlier post, it's not quite a thong, but definitely not full coverage.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Not 100% sure but being an Adult / Couples only should be ok. Just don't leave the resort with it on in public and wear a cover up when leaving the pool or beach area. Even the most conservative islands understand and will turn a blind eye as they know different cultures have different rules or customs. It sometimes also depends on what cliental is there but as long as full nudity isn't observed, wouldn't worry.

I would have thought Reed Princess would have jumped in to answer but might be busy with past rain showers.

Big Stone Gap...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Thanks. That answers my question. I think she will be fine. It's really just kind of a "cheeky" bottom that is "ruched". Not a thong.

I hope I'm not asking too much, but I am very excited about this honeymoon. She has been on trips and to events like this before but this will be my first time. I was curious about what the "white party" is like. People just mingling and drinking? Is there music? Are most of the guests easy to talk to? Etc etc.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Not sure what night it is but after the dinner for returning guests they usually have a " white night " party. It usually starts later in the evening, maybe 9pm or so. They have lots of fruit to dip in a large chocolate fountain. Portable outdoor bar will also be set up. You should see them setting up mid afternoon.

Not everyone dresses up in white. From what i've seen its the dire Sandals return fans and the newer guests. We have only dressed in white 1x in 12 visits. White clothing and chocolate don't really go together, lol. They should have tables set up so easier to meet and mingle - usually bar type tables you stand at. Quiet possible you will be at Sandals a few days already before white night and meet some other guests. Make it easier to mingle and meet others. Do go, has been alot of fun in the past. They will have some sort of music. Depending on location, some may dance but most mingle with music in the back ground.

Ask your butler on what day and location. I'm sur they will have some tips on how to really enjoy yourselves.

Edited: 20 September 2017, 13:18
Big Stone Gap...
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Thank you for all the help. If you think of anything I should try or do or whatever. Let me know.

I'm still curious if there's anyone on here that will be there around the same time. Sept 25-oct 2

Orlando
Level Contributor
412 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

We just spent a week at The Grande at the end of Aug and I saw a variety of swimsuits worn by young newlyweds, Brazilian cut included. Your bride-to-be will be just fine 🙂

Congratulations! You will LOVE St. Lucia.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Big Stone Gap...
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Regency La Toc Honeymoon

Good to hear! Haha. I must say I'm a bit proud of her ummmm booty.

And thanks. We are very excited for the wedding and the honeymoon.

Reply to: Regency La Toc Honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted