We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Resort

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Encinitas...
2 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Resort

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip at the end of September. I would like to ask everyone...which Sandals resort is the best? I am having trouble picking and wanted to ask for some advice.

Thank you,

Jen

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Resort

Hi Jen - I stayed at the Grande in 2006. The layout of the Grande is more flat. The Regency is on hills, kind of cut up. You have to go down a bank to get to the beach. Are you set on going to St. Lucia?

Encinitas...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Resort

were not set on anything yet. We are both 28 years old and just want to get out of California for a little relaxation. My boyfriend wants to stay at Atlantis but I really don't want to. I've read that they are really expensive and have tons of kids running around. I would like to hear any feedback on any of the resorts. Thanks for responding!

Jen

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Resort

That is a very difficult question to answer, specifically in this forum (you will probably get biased opinions toward St. Lucia). It really depends on what you are looking for in a resort, other activities that you are interested in, amount of time you want to spend there, what your expectations are, ect, ect.

My suggestion: narrow down a destination and then come back to this forum or the forum of your destination for info on which hotel is best as opposed to trying to find out which Sandals is the best.

If you really want to find opinions on the best Sandals of all the resorts, you really need to post this question on all the TA forums where Sandals is located.

Good luck!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Resort

yes, I have to agree with panther. Also, do you really want all inclusive? I have traveled a good bit and really find all inclusive not much as far as value. Out of all the caribbean destinations that I have been to, I would say Grand Cayman was my favorite. Beautiful, beautiful beaches and water. Nice resorts to stay at and great places to dine. I am going to Turks and Caicos next year so I will let everyone know which was my favorite island. If you are in California, why not Hawaii. Kauai was beautiful. What about Bora Bora? I have never been there, but heard the water there is awesome. Voted one of the top beaches in the world. Do you have others attending your wedding?

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Resort

I have visitied all of the Sandals properties in St Lucia. Halcyon was my least favorite. Both Grande and Regency are very nice. We preferred the Regency due to the younger crowd and a little better night life. The Grande was very nice but seem to be a little stuffier and died down after 11:00.

St Lucia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Resort

Sorry to say but I would not recommend Sandals at all! Go to Windjammer or Ladera! Le Sport is also good

Sandals looks promising in the cataloughs but be aware!! Photoshop can make anything look perfect!!

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Resort

I am sorry, but Sarbian ask about Sandals on st Lucia. Did not ask to be talked out of Sandals or AI or St Lucia.

Not every has a bad opinion of Sandals. Nor of any other place.

Sarbian,

We spent five nights at the Regency and nine at the Halcyon last December for our anniversary. We previously stayed 8 nights at Sandals MoBay (2001) and 10 nights at the Sandals Royal Bahamian. We have also visited Sandals Negril and Sandals Royal Caribbean.

Least favorite...Royal Bahamian

Our choice of beach for water sports...Grande

Our choice of beach to watch and listen to....Halcyon

Our choice of best restaurant (besides Gordon's which comes with

a butler suite or pay for separately) ....Mario's at the Halcyon.

Overall beauty of the resort....Regency

(By the way, you do NOT have to climb down a cliff to get to the beach at the regency. There is a short seawall right next to the main pool and you just walk down a few steps. No beach access from the Sunset Pool on the bluff but a great sunset view and peaceful surroundings)

Biggest party.....MoBay

Most Americanized (in St Lucia)....the Grande

Our favorite staff....hands down, Halcyon. We do not visit the same resort twice. Too many places to see. If we were to return to a Sandals in St Lucia, it would be the Halcyon. Whichever you choose, visit the others.

These are just my opinions and your tastes may vary from mine. My long standing advice....split your stay between two of the Sandals. Or, stay at Sandals and try another resort for the rest of your trip.

I have tried to address your question. You are smart to post any questions you have on this forum. Lots of people have lots of advice. Just be careful and decerning about what you read. We all have our own bias. I do not know if you have stayed at a Sandals before. If so, you know what they are like. Do your research. Then, after making your choice, chill. Don't let the little things get to you.

If you are interested in other places on the island, post a question.

You will love St Lucia and its people...wherever you stay.

Happy trails, Dutch

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,280 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Resort

Sarbian,

I have to agree with

all of panther23 post.

most importantly...

"It really depends on what you are looking for in a resort, other activities that you are interested in, amount of time you want to spend there, what your expectations are, etc., etc."

Each one of the Sandals resorts in St.Lucia, is quite different and then to complicate things even more, the Sandals resort selections on the other Caribbean Islands. Then... there will be the issues between the resorts as far as pricing, percentage off sales, style of each resort, room levels and quality (up dated/not updated) amenitiy and service leveling, included, not included, etc., etc.

What of, or... even if any of this would effect your ideas or expectations.

I do think when you read the reviews, you will see how the opinions, will very GREATLY on which resort is preferred or not by each different Sandals guest. I also think it's a good idea to put into persecutive when reading the reviews, what room level and or level of services the guest reviewing was booked in and the time of year, and occupancy level of the resorts. This in itself can add to the ever so confusing, hit and miss reports, with service and amenity leveling, with Sandals.

I really don't believe there is any one of the Sandals resorts that one could or should state is definitely better, then the others, it's all about which might be best for your vacation.

I believe to have the best success in vacationing at a Sandals resort, is all about your research of each before hand. This will help a bit with some expectations. Reading the reviews, checking out as many candid photos, of the resorts should also be helpful. You might also look to other photo sites, like webshots, pbase, etc.

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Resort

Good job Flowers. You said it much better than I.

Dutch

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Resort

Yes me too agree with Flowers. The 3 resorts in St. Lucia are all so different. I must say the staff at the Sandals Grande was very friendly. It was my first experience at an all adult/couples resort which was fun. Mostly everyone wanted to drink and have a good time. Mixed drinks were not that good and the beer wasn't very cold. The food was average, but plenty of it. You can eat all day. Let us all know what you decide. I will be anxious to hear.