We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which sandals resort in St. Lucia

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
STL
2 posts
Save Topic
which sandals resort in St. Lucia

We are going on vacation with our neighbors in late January 08. We are trying to decide which Sandals resort to stay at...at recommendations??

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which sandals resort in St. Lucia

You will find many different opinions about this. Click on my name for my reviews onthe Regency and the Halcyon.

Since you are new to TA continue doing your research here. It is of great value.

My suggestion, as always, is to split your stay between two of the Sandals.

We like the Halcyon because of it's location between the other teo resorts, it's quiet beauty and excellent staff. Also, Mario's, which was our favorite restaurant.

But remember, tastes vary.

Wherever you decide to stay, Saint Lucia should be a wonderful experience for you.

Happy trails, Dutch

Lexington...
Level Contributor
230 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which sandals resort in St. Lucia

We went to Halcyon two years ago and liked it so much we are returning this December. We felt that Halcyon is more intimate than the other two, both of which we visited. Halcyon is also the least expensive of the three, but you still have easy access via free shuttle bus to Grande and Regency. It is very convenient that Halcyon is between the other two, so you always have the shortest trip with whichever resort you are visiting. We definitely dined at the other two and enjoyed visiting, but we were always happy to get back to Halcyon. This is of course just my opinion. I am guessing that people who stayed at the other two will recommend them. No matter what you choose, I expect you will have a wonderful time!

Guilford...
Level Contributor
37 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which sandals resort in St. Lucia

My vote is for the Halcyon also. You can see my recent review on Halcyon along with pictures. I just returned last Sunday. Good luck with your decision.

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which sandals resort in St. Lucia

I think it all depends on what you are looking for. We prefer Regency. I think the resort is amazing with an excellent staff. They also have the best pool of the 3. As everyone has stated, Halcyon is smaller and more intimate. And finally, Grande is very nice and has the best beach area.

5. Re: which sandals resort in St. Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 03:18