We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

Toronto
Level Contributor
943 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

Okay, so despite the impending storm here in Toronto, I am getting pretty excited and packing for tomorrow. I read once that you don't need an adapter for electrical small appliances. Is this true? As well, re: soap and shampoo and the like..do you bring your own or should I not bother..

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

Hi Jeniz, you get a small bag when you arrive or left in your room with a small bottle, around 100mls I think, of shampoo, conditioner, aloe vera and moisturiser. That doesn't get replaced (in the room cats we have stayed in anyway) You get soap and gets replaced when needed. I usually bring my own shampoo and conditioner just because I like to use the brands I like especially after sun, sea and chlorine! Theirs would last me like 3 days anyway haha! You shouldn't need soap though. Regarding the sockets I know they have 3 plug sockets which I can plug my UK plugs straight in to and for once unlike Barbados my straighteners heat up properly, not sure if they have US sockets too I don't recall, maybe someone else can help you out with that!

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Topsham, Maine
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

The Halcyon has plugs for both, UK and US. We were there last week....

Farmington...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

I will be staying at the Regency in two weeks. They told us they had 220 plugs, but I am reading they may have both. Does it depend on the room you are in?

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

No problem with outlets at Sandals. they have US and UK plugs. Most do not have any in the bathrooms. Probably because of shock issues and no ground-fault plugs.

Should not be a problem. I charged my camera batteries using their standard 110 volt receptacle.

Dutch

Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

Dutch is correct, although in our room we had a 25' extension cord for 110v..... and, we did not see any shampoo, soap or anything, so bring your own to be safe, otherwise the Regency and the others too, have a store that you can buy these things from!

Staffordshire, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

Oh,now i'm sooo confused....... Do i need my two pin US/Worldwide adpater from the UK & use just my usual straighteners & not bother with the useless worldwide voltage ones that I usually take away with me.

Anyone ????? H E L P its a woman thing ;o)

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

Hi Trina, your normal UK straighteners will plug straight in at the socket at Sandals and work fine :), it is Barbados where they don't work too well :( Curly hair for me in May! Have a fab holiday! Emma

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Staffordshire, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

Thanks for that Emma - this will be the 1st holiday out of 5 in the caribbean that i just might get 'good hair days' LOL !!!

PS thanks for all your forum postings, they really help ;o)

Trina

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

You're welcome! Have fun, Emma

Farmington...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amenities and voltage at Sandals?

Quick question. I have been so confused on some of this voltage conversion stuff. I have looked up a few items I have (ipod, camcorder) They state under voltage "AC 100-240V" If this is the case, all I should need is the plug adapter to use in the UK outlets, I should not need a voltage converter. Is that correct?