We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Toronto
Level Contributor
905 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Well, I posted enough questions before I left on the 9th of this month! If you have any questions, give me a try. We stayed at the Regency but did visit the other 2 properties.

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Jeniz,

Will you be posting a review?

Dutch

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Thanks. I am gong to the Grande St. Lucia this Saturday and was wondering what you thought of the resturants at the Regency. Is it worth it for us to travel to the Regency to eat dinner at La Toc? What about the other resturants.

Toronto
Level Contributor
905 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Dutchor..yes, I think I will on the weekend, once I get back to normal around here. Thanks. Regarding the restaurants..yes, I think it is worth seeing all of the Sandals properties while you are there. The Regency does have the most restaurants of the three. To be honest with you, I did not get around to sampling all of them. Gordon's at the Grande is supposed to be the best..I guess you pay if you do not have butler service..Dutchor, you can correct me on this if I am mistaken. But, I did hear others say this one was terrific. Just a head's up..the restaurants are not to die for..they will not be like back on the mainland. Service can be sketchy, albeit quite friendly. La Toc, we did not get reservations made here on time, and I did hear people say it was quite overated. We ate at Josephine's and Barefoot at the Grande. I loved Josephines(crepes) and Barefoot was okay. At the Regency, Kimonos will also need reservations..Japanese, fun but not fantastic. The Pier at the Halcyon is to be good but it was too crowded when we were there. We ate in the main dining area here and, although I did not like this property, the steak and salmon we had was quite good. A lot of people came to the Regency to eat.

Nichols, New York
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Jeniz

I won't ask you to repeat any thing you may be putting in your report. I will ask when you do your report that you give your room category, bldg name, view form the room, etc... as well as a bit more about the restaurants, did you play golf?

We ( two couples ) leave in 25 days, 1 hour, and 33 min. Not that I am counting

Steve

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Hi Jeniz,

Welcome back!

Hoping that popping this to the top will help you find this thread.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

ttt

Toronto
Level Contributor
905 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Steve...we were originally booked for a luxury oceanview room...but found out these were the rooms that have not yet been renovated. We upgraded to a Grand Luxe honeymoon beachfront room-buildings 3 or 4 on the Sandals map. These rooms had been renovated in the past 18 months. When we got there, they upgraded us even more to a suite...up at sunset bluff..the last building on the compound. The difference in price between the Grand Luxe and the suite for a week was about 3,000.00. The suite was beautiful(minus the couches which really needed to be recovered or replaced.)Gorgeous views out onto the beach/oceans..saw cruise ships going into and out of Castries daily. Back to the Grand Luxe rooms..we checked them out before we left..they looked quite nice..king size bed, loveseat, plasma tv, frig stocked with cold drinks, nice bathroom. The location is on either side of the Pavilion/pool area. I am thinking we would of liked this area as it is close to most everything. I will put more info in my trip report. Re: golf..my husband ended up not golfing..the people that did golf quite enjoyed it as there were some challenging holes(uphill)..and whenever we walked by, there seemed to be enough people participating. Restaurants-need to reserve only at La Toc and Kimonos..This is an area that I think Sandals needs to improve on..some good meals, but not gourmet dining. Will post more in my report. Hope this helps..and feel free to ask questions for more specifics.

Nichols, New York
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Thanks

We booked a room we thought we would like then if we got upgraded, good. From the pictures and descriptions a room on the bluffs would be perfect but that is shooting for the moon. The resort is now booked full for the week we are there so we are not getting our hopes too high for an upgrade.

I look forward to your report.

Steve

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

is there anything to do outside the regency that is walking distance , how was the water and beach thanks danny

Level Contributor
197 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Regency if you have any questions!

Thanks for the information, we leave for the regency on Saturday!! Can you make reservations at the restaurants when you arrive at the resort? Or are all of them already booked up?

Which restaurant do you reccommend for the night of our anniversary?