We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

Sorry to post this message again but I wanted to know if the Royal by Rex is "all inclusive"? I was going to book it on Expedia and they offered "AI" but now they are not for some reason?? Can someone let me know?? From looking at all the "AI" resorts in St.Lucia that one looked the best and was also in my price range of 1500-1700 per person. If anyone has any other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a beach on the resort, all inclusive, good snorkeling, good drinks, nice rooms. Thanks for all the help. :)

madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

I believe you can go either way at the Royal (AI or non-AI). I always do non-AI, as you're literally in the midst of being able to walk to many restaurants and bars in all different price ranges. Royal is a great hotel. Right on Reduit Beach, great rondevals and sun loungers provided for Royal guests only. Enjoy SL! It's beautiful.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

As I told you in a previous post, it is an OPTIONAL all inclusive. Some go AI some do not.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

Go to cheapcaribbean.com It has the all inclusive option for the Royal by Rex. Perhaps this will end your problem with Expedia not offering the option anymore.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

The Royal is a lovely hotel but, as a previous poster says, it is located right in the centre of Rodney Bay so you are really spoilt for restaurant choice. Maybe you could look at a breakfast only option as that would give you a lot of choice. Of course if you are going to eat lots and drink quite a bit then AI would be the way to go but there are so many restaurant options around the Royal it would be a pity not to take advantage of them. Just my humble opinion of course!!

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

Agreed, don't do AI. Lots of options close by. As far as breakfast goes, my wife and I walked over to coco palm each morning for breakfast as their buffet was a much better price. $20 for buffet at RBRex.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

Did you decide on Punta Cana or St. Lucia?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

Punta Cana. The Excellence.

8. Re: All Inclusive-Royal by Rex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 04:19