We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voltage at Rendezvous

Bedforshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Voltage at Rendezvous

Can you use a uk plug at the Rendezvous. I have read that this is the case. So does that mean I can just plug in my uk hairdryer and it will work as it does in the uk. Sad, I know, but I do like my hair to look nice when having dinner.

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Voltage at Rendezvous

UK shape, 220 volts is standard, but any good hotel should have a US shape, 110 volt option as well. The outlets probably have a switch right on it you have to flip to get current, but other than that(I don't know how it is in the UK), it should work as normal.

Bedforshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voltage at Rendezvous

Great and thank you for your help. This does seem unusual though that the 220v works as I have been to Dom Rep and Antigua and both only had 110v.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Voltage at Rendezvous

Antigua has a 220 volt system, but strangely not with the UK style outlets found in St Lucia. 110 volt is the American system, but many hotels in Antigua and St Lucia will have 110 volt outlets for American visitors.

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voltage at Rendezvous

Just returned from Rendezvous.........all rooms have hair dryer as standard.

Bedforshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Voltage at Rendezvous

Thanks for the info, but I like my own hairdyer as I have very thick hair and I use a salon type dryer at home. I often find that a dryer provided in a hotel room are very weak, i.e. not very hot or powerful.

6. Re: Voltage at Rendezvous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 06:18