We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Sandals Regency

NewBrunswick
Level Contributor
147 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Sandals Regency

Hi Trip Advisor Gang! I'm hoping a few of you seasoned Sandals Regency travellers can assist me with a few questions.

>Do all rooms have a stocked mini-bar fridge? (I booked the Luxury Oceanfront Room)

>Any jellyfish problems at the Regency beach?

>Any suggestions on private tours? I'd be interested in hiring a driver for a day. Any info on price and suggestions on a trustworthy, interesting driver would be appreciated.

>How's the weather (generally speaking) at the end of Feb./first of March?

Thanks a bunch!

:)

St. Lucian Taxi and Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
St Lucia Cruise Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
756 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

Mini-bars in the room category you booked will have water, juice and sodas. You must book a concierge room or higher in order to get in-room alcohol.

We were there at the end of April, and did not see a single jelly fish at the Regency Beach (doesn't mean that there are none, we just didn't see any). The ocean at the Regency is VERY active, with very large waves that broke very close to the shore. The beach was yellow- or red-flagged every day we were there. On the day with the biggest waves, we estimated that they were about 8ft tall. We brought our boogie board, so had a good time riding the waves. . . .

We did not do any tours, so can't offer advice there. I was really planning on doing at least one, but we go on vacation to relax, so we chose to veg by the pool rather than take an adventure. . . .

NewBrunswick
Level Contributor
147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

Thanks for the info!

We went to Cuba last year and there were so many jellyfish we were scared to get in the water. I can live with one or two just not massive amounts of Portuguese Man O'Wars!

We have travelled to Barbados twice and stayed at the Southern end of the island where the water is more active so we're used to waves.

Really looking forward to our trip.

Thanks again!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

We didn't see any jellyfish either. Thank god because they are one thing that freaks me out. When we were there last June we were lucky and had green flags every day too. That seems to be very uncommon from what I have read.

We went on a small tour with a local named Charlie. It was a great tour which you can read about in my review if you want further info. He was usually at the Grande I guess but he was at the Regency that week. There are several others that offer a great tour too.

Weather should be nice. Try this site, gives historical weather for the dates you enter

www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp

MA.
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

When we were there in Nov we also did not see any jelly fish.

The fridge gets restocked every day and let me tell you the water especially is appreciated!

The one trip we did was the horseback riding and it was magical! You get to ride the horses right into the ocean, so fun! They do advertise it as a horseback ride through the rain forest but really it is a rickety dirt road:>) But what the heck you are on an island paradise and its is so warm and sunny and just lovely. Enjoy your trip, you will love the Regency.

Susan

NewBrunswick
Level Contributor
147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

Thanks for the replies! Keep them coming!

I'm hoping to get a few names of recommended drivers as a private tour is a must for us.

Also-what is there for entertainment at night? I read somewhere that there is a nightclub at the resort. True?

Thanks!!

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

I have a few private drivers you can contact about tours:

Martin Paul

Martin's Taxi Service

(758)485-1018 cell

"For your island tours, shopping trips, airport transfers, weddings, etc..."

Gabriel Clement

Clem's Excellent Taxi Service

(758) 484-3620 cell

clem_taxi683@hotmail.com

"For reliable service, tours, & transfers"

Have fun!

IrieLady

Montreal
Level Contributor
1 post
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

Hi there

We stayed at the Sandals La Toc for the whole month of March. I believe that is the same as the Regency. Be prepared to eat Mediocre food. I hope you booked a butler category room because Sandals is NOT a 5 star hotel without the butler, and even then it is a 4 star at best. (Mac Cann and Roger were our butlers and ROGER will go to extremes to make you enjoy your stay)

To eat, LEAVE the hotel and call a taxi, we found that TYRAN was safe and very nice (758-721-7329 cell)

Restaurants in St Lucia are great, our favorite was COAL POT, EDGE, BIG CHEF , ARMANDO'S, and the restaurant at the hotel CALABASH COVE.

The beaches are all pretty rough. wind surfing is popular there.

GO SEE THE PITONS, Tyran can bring you there for the day and back for a good price and you don't have to hassle with the other "tourists" There is a fixed price for the day and he will bring you everywhere. It's worth it.

Any other Questions? contact me

Yazmeen

yasmineamyotte@hotmail.com

NewBrunswick
Level Contributor
147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

Thanks to all who replied!

Yazmeen: I survived the food in Cuba so I'm sure I'll be fine in St. Lucia! :) I'm not picky and who could complain about the food while in paradise?

Thanks again!

Jen

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

Son of Man Tours are licensed to operate from the beach at Regency. They do a water taxi tour down to Soufriere, visiting the volcano, waterfalls, have a locally cooked lunch, do some shopping then go snorkelling before dropping you back. Elvis and Mitch are on the beach, and their email is james1367@hotmail.co.uk.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about Sandals Regency

hi!

we booked a private island tour with cosol. he is great! check out my trip report from last summer.

cosol will take you to all the key areas of the island, give you a lot of island history, sample local foods, snorkle, waterfalls, volcano, etc.

we paid a little extra for private tour but it was only abt $100-150 for the day