We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in castries - during November

Warrington
1 post
Save Topic
Weather in castries - during November

Hello, I am going to St Lucia - 18th November 2005 for 2 weeks for our Honeymoon. Would appreciate any comments back on what the weather is likely to be (we are both hoeful for lots of sun!). We are staying at the Rendezvous.

Thanks

Matt

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in castries - during November

I was in St Lucia in Nov about 7 years ago, lots of sunshine but a few very heavy showers (liquid sunshine). Although the showers were very heavy when it rained it didn't bother me as for most of the time it was lovely and sunny. Nov was much more humid than when I now go in Feb/March.

Have fun in the sun

Castries, St.Lucia
Level Contributor
508 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in castries - during November

November has been averaging 8" of rain in the ten years I have been keeping records. It is usually good as it is getting on to the dry (and windy) season.

Marion, IA
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in castries - during November

We were there last year in Nov. and it rained everyday except one. The mornings were nice but about 1 or 2 it would start raining for a little while.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in castries - during November

Matt,

I will be there for my honeymoon Nov. 16-20. (different place before Rendezvous). So I'll see you there.

Liz

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in castries - during November

We were there 2 years ago November 4-12, we had 2 hot sunny days and that was it :( It rained for 4 days straight off and on, then we had 2 more partial sunny days.

It's a very humid/ lush climate, it's gonna rain, BUT we had a great time anyway-- use the spa on the rainy days- its worth it.

With 2 weeks HM you'll have plenty of sun I bet.

ENJOY!!

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in castries - during November

I last went a couple of year ago during October. To be honest end of Oct early Nov is still Hurricaine season so looking at the current weather I would not be surprised if they continued.

Personally the first week I was I had fantastic weather, if it rained it was for a matter of minutes and was dry within 10mins.

However the second week was different story, we experienced the tail end of a tropical storm that had hit mexico, and we had some rather turbulent weather. Don't get me wrong it was certainly an experience, and I am thankful that it was nota hurricaine, because it was a bit full on to tell the truth.

But if you don't get any of that then it should be nice, still really warm and not humid.

Berlin NJ
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in castries - during November

I'm going to be there the 21-to the 30th of November on a honeymoon too!

Were staying at the winjammer.

I read back to some reviews of last Nov, and some say some down pours, others said sunshine. So I guess we will get the sun & rain and enjoy it all... I heard St. Lucia is AMAZING.....

NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in castries - during November

I was there 11/5-11-12.

It rained every day. The rain would come and go. Every day I would wake up to mostly cloudy skies w/ breaks of sunshine and then rain and then sunshine and then rain. I have never seen wx like it. On 11/11 it rained all day w/ cloudy skies. People kept telling us it was the rainy season but I thought that it was from May-August. We never saw a wx forecast the entire time we were down there. There were no local news stations and we could never get a newspaper. The rain did not stop anyone from using the pool. Everyone just put their bags and towels under the umbrellas by the pool and they stayed dry.

Vancouver Island...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in castries - during November

Hey,

We just got back and it would rain at night quite often. There was one day where it rained off and on, but it was not enough to spoil our day. We stayed at Coconut Bay and the activities people were all working during the worst of it. It rains every day or so for @ 10 - 15 minutes and then the sun comes out and all is well. Check out www.sluonestop.com for more info. Enjoy ... remember, you're on Island Time.

England
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in castries - during November

Matt

We are going to Rendezvous on the 18th as well. We are on the Virgin flight from Gatwick. So will see you there, there are only 100 rooms so it will not be that tough to see each other. Just listen for the southern accent and you may see my Portsmouth shirt during the holiday!!