We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Poughkeepsie, NY
6 posts
Save Topic
Bay Gardens Beach Resort

I have some questions about BGBR...

I understand that it is not fully inclusive, which I like, but what about on the resort itself? Is the POOL BAR free? What about drinks on the beach? In other words, more importantly, how much cash should I expect to bring??

I'm new to the Caribbean resort thing, and I'm not sure what is included at BGBR and what isn't. Someone please help me. Thanks!

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Hi

At BGBR you can buy accomdation either room only, B+B, Half board and I think "all meals" so if you used a travel agent you need to see what they have sold you.

You can also buy meal plans from the hotel see their web site it lists all the options. Personally I wouldn't bother as there is so much choice nearby(see various previous posts)

Re the pool bar that is pay as you go. A beer is the same price as most places c EC$7 but they do add 18% tax and service. Bars as opposed to hotels don't add tax and service depends upon the establishment

They will serve you drinks on the beach but you pay for them as above

2 Tips for you.

1) The poolside food is very good for lunch

2) You can buy beer/sodas at the supermarket keep them in your room fridge and use them at the pool/beach

STEVE

Poughkeepsie, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Thanks so much for the tips!

The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
298 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

I am thinking of booking this resort for two weeks next July. Can anyone advise the best way to get from the airport to the resort and also costs? Also as I will be flying from the UK - any tips on where to book the best flight would be appreciated.

Just thought of another questions - what is the weather like in July?

Thanks

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

There are two main ways to get from the airport, taxi or helicopter. The latter being the more expensive about US$140 each way but in my view well worth it. Taxi I think is around US$70 each way. We were there this July and had lovely weather each day with short 10 min showers. July is officially in the hurricane season so you can get rain. The only time I have been in St Lucia and had torrential rain 24/7 with flooding was in early October. As with any weather you can never tell. Bay Gardens is a lovely resort right on the beech.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Sorry missed a bit, the best flight I think is Virgin, the reason I say this is it gets in slightly earlier in the day and you are more likely to be able to catch the helicopter can only fly in daylight hours. Also in my opinion having flown both Virgin has slightly better service although BA has better wine!

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Hi,

Just to add that the helicopter fare is per person and the taxi is per car. Taxis can charge extra for the 4th person but usually you can negogiate 4 people at the flat rate. We usually pay US80 but US 70 may be doable

STEVE

7. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 06:33