We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windjammer Landing and Rats

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto,on
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Windjammer Landing and Rats

I noticed in a recent review that a couple staying at Windjammer Landing had close encounters with rats on a nightly basis. My husband, daughter and I are thinking of going there in a few weeks and staying at a 2 bedroom villa with a plunge pool. But not if rats are included in the price!

Any further information would be appreciated.

Edited: 06 February 2010, 23:14
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

I have stayed there 6 or 7 times and have never seen a rat or even a mouse for that matter. I'm sure they are around the island but I've never seen one and never heard anyone complain about seeing one either. I'd disregard that review since I've never seen another one ever mention it. Some people just like to post false things for unknown reasons.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

We've just been back to our timeshare there for the 4th time and never even seen a cockroach. They are pretty hot on fumigation and put a bit of time into keeping the place clean.

So I'm pretty surprised to hear that claim.

canada
Level Contributor
686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

Rats are a part of nature, you may rarely see one, but, there are many of them at any resort that you would visit!

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

ZRickey

Where are you?

toronto,on
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

Thank everyone for their responses. Yeah, a part of nature but not a part any of us want to encounter!

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

9 days over the Holidays- no rats.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

I laugh if it was a squirrel. :-) I also read that "rat" comment on the reviews and although its possible, the tone of the review sounded like an exaggeration.

We're celebrating our honeymoon at the Windjammer in a few months & the only fear I have is will the villas be as clean and newly rennovated and as romantic as some of the other resorts on the island.

However, rats or no rats, when I first walk into a hotel room I always clean essential surfaces w/ my bleach cleaner. FI thinks I'm nuts but I cant enjoy my stay anywhere unless I spray the sink, the phone, the remote etc. for peace of mind. I'm sure you do the same so dont worry too much.

hope you enjoy your holiday. :-)

canada
Level Contributor
686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

Don't forget to place a large towel under your door when leaving the room & from the inside when retiring for the evening. This will prevent any spiders, snakes, mice, ect., from entering. We go for 2 wks. each year & this works well. We start this routine after the maid & stock boy are finished with the room each morning.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

Wow wessiewoo. Can't believe you feel the need to do that. We certainly don't and we have never had any visitors (except the birds who love sugar).

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Windjammer Landing and Rats

We have been to St Lucia over 20 times and have never had a rat in our room. There are cats wandering around the resort so the rats are not a problem.

I saw a lot of rats in Rodney Bay near one of the restaurant areas where there is a pipe leading to an open drain. The smell was horrible and there were rats everywhere.