We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond - Morgan Bay

Essex, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Almond - Morgan Bay

Hi - Have read the one (and only) review on this hotel and as we are going next week am somewhat concerned about the state of the hotel - any current information would be much appreciated - Regards Sue

Geneseo,NY
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

I am a travel agent and I actaully stayed the same time period as the first posting. I would highly recommend you find alternate accommodations. In my opinion the hotel will not be ready for paying guests for another 30-45 days. Especially if you have children. The grounds are unsafe as the foliage has not grown in yet. Lots of mud and construction debris. Unless you got a fabulous deal- lets say 40 Eur nt contact your travel agent and have them book you someplace else.

england
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

Hi. i am a travel agent.

what company did you book though? i was due to go sunday 4th with kuoni and they said cant go. know virgin have pulled out of sending guests and would expect all other companies to have for the next 2week at least.they should offer you an alternative.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

Hi thanks for your replies - actually have booked with "Virgin" who have telphoned today and said apart from a few very minor problems everything is OK??

Essex, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

linzi134 - Hiya there - obviously different stories are being told - would be very interested to hear who told you Virgin had pulled out of this resort (as they most definitely told us today they hadn't) - if your travel agency knows anything different I would be most grateful for anything you could tell us - many thanks - Sue

New Jesey
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

We are going for a family reunion Dec 28th and I 'm pretty worried

Atlanta
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

We are also going the last week in December - have been booked for months, traveling with a 6-year old. We've basically been told that since we don't have travel insurance, we can't switch hotels, and even if we could all the others are booked. If anyone can update this or the other forum at any time with news, we would really appreciate it. We have been saving up for this for an incredible aount of time!

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

We booked with Virgin due to go out in Jan, went to our travel agents to change hotel but have had to pay to do so as Virgin are saying everything will be alright. Personally didn't want to chance it with being our honeymoon hence switching.

This was as of Monday.

Hope that helps.

Kerry,

Atlanta
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

Thanks - I also called the Almond US office last night and although I would assume they would paint a prettier picture for me, they did answer some very specific questions regarding pools open (4) and restaurants (2) and have said that management plans to post pictures at the Almond site within the next 10 days due to all the calls from this viral explosion online.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

There is absolutely no way there are 4 pools. There were only 2 being built while i was there, and the other 2 hadn't even been started. You really shouldn't rely on the Almond for your information, they want the business and for you to be there with your money!!!

Derbyshire, UK
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

Im due to travel on the 8.12.05 with my 4 children. This hotel was a last minute change as the Windjammer was affected by a mud slide. Aftre reading the posted repoprt I contacted virgin. They are insistent that the hotel is fine and do not accept tripadvisor as a legitimate authority. I am very concerned as this holiday has cost an awful lot of money - any ideas as to what I can do apart from go and put a claim in against Virgin when I come back?