We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond - Morgan Bay

Essex, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Almond - Morgan Bay

Hi - Have read the one (and only) review on this hotel and as we are going next week am somewhat concerned about the state of the hotel - any current information would be much appreciated - Regards Sue

Tet Paul Stairway Tour in St Lucia
20 reviews
from US$55.00*
Special Offer
St Lucia Shore Excursion: Island Day...
23 reviews
from US$103.50*
US$115.00
Martinique Day Trip from St Lucia
4 reviews
from US$203.99*
St Lucia Catamaran Day Sail
103 reviews
from US$122.99*
Kent, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Almond - Morgan Bay

You need to ask for a written report of the representative from Virgin that has visited it. Also ask if they have recent photo's ie. taken within the last 2 weeks.

I returned on the 22nd and there was no pools and it was a building site. I travelled with Kuoni who are no longer sending people there until they are sure it is complete. They have issued me a full refund due to the terrible state the hotel was in when i was there. I did hear that they have made some progress with the building work, but it is important you hold onto the information you were given about how many restaurants pools etc you were told about when you booked it. Or you could print off the official almond bay website the description that they give of the hotel as evidence. Be aware though, brochures, cuttings and camera's disappeared from the hotel rooms, so is probably safer to keep at home while you are away, and if there is a problem request an immediate move. Alot of people were moved if there was alternate accomodation.

Good luck, be sure to post a review on your return!

Lydia