We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
478 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

Hi there

My wife and I are visiting St Lucia in October/November 2011 and are staying at the Almond Smugglers Cove

We have arranged our tours with a company called “Barefoot Holidays” who have managed arrange all our tours/trips to our requirements which is great

Any can anyone give us any good reports about this company please?

Any info will be gratefully received

Many thanks

Sweden
Level Contributor
399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

I used Barefoot Holidays for the Grenadines trip and I had a positive experience with them. I booked the tour via phone while being on the island and they came to meet me in person the next day to collect my payment (credit card) and give me the tour vouchers. On the day of the trip they sent a driver to drive me to Vigie airport and also on my way back from the tour the driver picked me up. The driver was nice and prompt and had a clean vehicle. Overall, I have only positive words about the company.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

It has been awhile, though...I used Barefoot Holidays for arranging a

surprise day out as a wedding gift for family visiting St.Lucia via cruise ship on their honeymoon.

It was a very detailed itinerary on top of Barefoot being able to secure a private helicopter transport/tour to the Jalousie Plantation (something I could not have done on my own for the same price),

full resort use passes, scuba diving, warm water mineral bath, along with a shortened in time version of the traditional land tour stops on the way back to ship. Being that all was truly a surprise for a couple that had not ever experienced flying in a helicopter nor scuba diving before, I was certainly nervous about their day.

Barefoot Holidays and the Jalousie kept me updated as to how everything progressed throughout the day... following thru to informing me when they were safely back on ship!

Two, four, six, eight thumbs up to Barefoot Holiday's and the Jalousie Plantation in provided the professional services I needed in planning ONE MAGICAL DAY in St.Lucia!!!

~Donna

Canada, Kentucky
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

If you are staying at the ASC I think you would want to keep this company number close by. They will send a personal rep to you hotel to take care of your needs.

I belive you are in good hands.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

They certainly aren't very good at responding to e-mail - I tried to arrange a tour from home but didn't get a reply so I went with another operator.

Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
478 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

Thanks guys for all the info – keep it coming

On the last point made by gdbear65 – I have to disagree with it – although I haven’t physically had any dealings face to face with the company any time I have sent them an email (which is several) they have always answered me within a day or two (taking into account for the time difference between St Lucia & Scotland) so not complaints from me on that count

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

I'm glad they responded to you - I e-mailed barefoot@candw.lc on Feb 27th which was more than a month before I was due to arrive, but did not receive a reply - ever.

7. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 12:05
Europe
Level Contributor
236 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

gdbear, which tour operator did you end up going with, and were you happy with them?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

I ended up using Seaspray Cruises - I booked it online, confirmed it 24hrs prior and they showed up as scheduled. I went them because I wanted to book the Brig Unicorn for a sunset cruise and as they operate the Brig, which unfortunately is decommissioned at the moment, they gave me the best price on the tour and on the day I wanted. They also offer catamaran cruises and I believe they do charters as well

Europe
Level Contributor
236 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barefoot Holidays - Any Feedback?

gdbear, thank you! Just to clarify, do you mean that they gave you a good deal because you were doing two things with them -- the sunset cruise and then something that was more of a full-day tour? Assuming this is correct, was the day tour also on the Brig Unicorn?

I actually have been thinking about using SeaSpray as well -- I'm interested in the Tout Bagay day tour. I am a little curious as to why there is nothing on that tour in the reviews section of this site (and not much here in the forum that I have found), but I am glad to know that someone else had a positive experience with the company.

thanks again!

Sasha.